Chapter 18: She said...

Above is a picture of the ring! :)

Zack's POV

Bailey is arriving today. That means that today is the day I'm going to ask her to spend the rest of her life with me. I'm nervous as hell.

I arrived in Dutch about 4 days ago. We told Bailey that I had to leave early because my dad needed help repairing part of the engine. At first, she insisted that she left early too, but we made up some excuse about Nick having some weird-ass disease that meant she needed to stay with him. It was the only way she'd stay home. I actually came up here to set up everything before she got here, and ask her father's blessing. Yeah, with romance I'm an old-school kind of guy. But only with romance.

I ended up finding part of the dock that no one was using and set up everything there. It had to be absolutely perfect. I only get one chance to do this. Well, unless she says no. But going off ofher saying yes, I had to do it right. A few minutes later I got a text from Nick saying that they were in the airport. Now I'm really effin' nervous.

Bailey's POV

Nick and I were finally leaving for Dutch today. Zack only left 4 days ago, but I've missed him like crazy. Which is something I've never been able to say about any of my other boyfriends. I'm still not sure why I couldn't leave with him, besides a disease that Nick supposedly has...

After what felt like forever, we finally landed. We got off the plane and immediately Nick was texting someone. Shocker. I swear he lives on Twitter.

After about a half an hour of fighting our way through some drunk fishermen, we left the airport. We pulled up where the Cape Caution was supposed to be docked... but it wasn't there, the Northwestern was.

"Wait, didn't Zack say we were supposed to be docked here?" I asked Nick.

"Yeah, I think so. But obviously it's not, so I guess we should go figure out where they are."

We drove around the dock until we finally spotted where the boat was docked. We got out, and threw our stuff on deck, while I noticed something going on over at an empty spot on the dock. It looked like there was some of the Time Bandit's Chinese lanterns strung around, with some candle and flower petals.

"What do you think is going on over there?" I asked, highly confused.

"Well, why don't you go find out?" Nick said, trying to hold back a smile.

I wasn't sure what he was playing at, but I decided to go find out why that stuff was there. As I walked closer, the sight began to take my breath away. Whoever did this had been planning it for a long time in order to make it this perfect. I looked over and saw someone standing there, with his back turned to me. He must be waiting on someone.

"This is amazing!" I said. They guy turned around and I saw it was Zack.

"I hope so, I worked on it all day." he said with a smile.

"You did this for me? Zack... I don't even know what to say." I smiled.

Zack then grew kind of nervous. "Well, uhm, I know what to say. Bailey, I met you a year ago, and even though we've been through hell and back, it's been the best year of my life. I love every minute we're together. You're the best friend I've ever had, just don't tell Nick that. My point in all of this speech's corniness is that I love you, and I want to spend every single day of my life with you." Then he got down on one knee. "Bailey Hillstrand, will you marry me?"

By the time he finished I was full-on sobbing. Which, considering I never even cry, is weird for me. I just couldn't believe this was even happening. I honestly never thought I'd ever get married.

"Yes, Zack! Of course I'll marry you!"

He smiled and slipped the ring on my finger. I immediately recognized it. Jennifer was picking out a ring for herself, and asked me to come along with her. We were messing around so I tried this one on and loved it. He must've called her and asked if she knew what I wanted. That thought only made me cry more. He stood up and kissed me, and I've never been happier in my whole life.

I was soon going to be Bailey Larson.

Hey!

I hope you liked this chapter! I cried while writing it. Please, someone tell me I'm not the only one who fangirls over my own story.

Thank you guys for taking the time to read this! I love you!

~Dev, DeadliestSeahawk13