Chapter 7: The best man is a woman.

Bailey's POV

I'd managed to get a few hours of sleep, but soon enough it was time to pull pots. After Nick screaming in our bunk to get up, I walked -more like stumbled- over to the dresser and pulled out a t-shirt and jeans. Zack wasn't fully awake yet and the lights were off so I took a chance and quickly got dressed before leaving.

"Nick, you better be making coffee" I said, walking down into the kitchen, still asleep.

"You can bet on it" he said, pointing towards the pot.

I sat down and laid my head on the table.

"I thought you were used to this?"

"I am, but I didn't get any sleep last night" I said, propping my head up on my hand.

"Really?" Nick said, raising an eyebrow.

"What is that supposed to... NICK!" I yelled.

"Hey, I can only assume."

"How do you figure?"

"Well, I'm pretty sure he likes you too..." Nick said, looking at me like it was okay to make a move.

"Nick, I'm pretty sure he doesn't. If he did, why wouldn't he tell you? You two are like, best friends. So, just stop getting your hopes up. Secondly, I came over here to find another way to captain a boat someday, not spend all my time worrying about boys who don't like me back." I said in between mouthfuls of cereal.

As I was saying this, Miles walked in and made his way over to the coffee pot.

"What are you two talking about?" He asked.

"Miles, am I the only one who sees how Zack looks at Bailey?" Nick asked.

I could've killed him right then and there.

"Uhm, you mean like he'd love to take her into their bunk and do things to her?"

"OKAY! I'm done with this conversation!" I yelled.

"Bailey, you can't deny this. You two are meant to be. Just get it over with." Nick said.

"Or, how about, no. If he really likes me, then he'll make the first move. Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go get a game plan from Bill."

I got up and walked away, happy to be out of that conversation.

"Hey Bill" I said making my way up the stairs.

"Hi Bailey. What's up?"

"Oh, I just wanted to get away from Nick for 5 minutes. He's my best friend, but when he gets his mind set on something - especially involving me - he just doesn't shut up."