Chapter 6: Roadrunner

Bailey's POV

I was listening to the CB, which I guess was on the same station as the Wizard and the Time Bandit. At first, I wasn't really paying attention, but a particular sentence caught my ear.

"I really don't want this guy near me, so do you wanna team up and lock this area down? The fishing is hot right now." Keith - captain of the Wizard- said.

"Uhhh, yeah. I can do that." My uncle, Jonathan, replied.

What makes this so funny is that not even 6 years ago these two wanted each other dead. Literally. For the longest time if one of us even brought up the Wizard, my uncle's demeanor changed in a bad way. Now they were working together... I could see this ending two ways.

The more the talked, the more I laughed uncontrollably. This was on;y truly funny if you knew the entire situation, of course, so no one else on the boat would've even chuckled. They finally got off the radio and I guess Jonathan released control of the boat to Eddie Jr.

"Bailey, I know you're there."

"W-w-what?" I laughed.

"God you're a mess. What are those boys doing to you?"

"These boys aren't doing anything. Well, to make me laugh like that, anyway. I just heard your current situation with the Wizard..."

"Yeah, I never thought they'd ever do this. So, how's everything going over on the Cape Caution?"

"Oh, ya know. We're crab fishing."

"I don't mean - God you're retarded. How's things with the boy going?"

Besides Nick, Eddie was the only other person I had told that I liked Zack. They were the only people I trusted with this information.

"Well, besides Nick trying to set us up within the first 36 hours, fine."

"He what? I'm not sure about that boy... Anyway, has there been any connection?"

"What is with you? We've been here for 2 days and you're expecting our wedding invitation."

"No, I just think you two would be good together."

"Yes, well, I am thinking about other things besides him, like I don't know, staying alive. Long term goals after that step is becoming captain. As much as I want us to get together, I do have bigger goals."

"I understand that. I just think it's be better if your name was Bailey Larson when it happened."

"Eddie, watch it."

"Okay, okay," he laughed. "Listen, just stay safe. I'll talk to you soon."

"Bye, Eddie. Stay safe!"

I spent the next few hours driving and laughing at how crazy the past 2 days have been.

Hey!

Thank you all so much for reading this and being so supportive! I know, this chapter was pretty boring but I really hope you guys are liking it!

This chapter is dedicated to @Bleeding_Hearts13 for being so sweet and nagging me to get this done. Because, you probably wouldn't be reading this until next Wednesday if she hadn't. ;) She's so nice so go follow her and read her DC fanfic, "Wanted Dead or Alive (Deadliest Catch Fanfic)"

I love you all more than you know!

~Dev, DeadliestSeahawk13