Chapter 3: Nice to meet you.

Bailey's POV

I climbed on the deck of the Time Bandit to retrieve my things. As expected, I was stopped and greeted by Neal, Jonathan and Andy.

"Bailey, I really didn't think you wanted t run the Time Bandit that badly. I'm sorry if we hurt you" Andy explained.

"Yeah, if we'd known, we definitely would've taken in interest in you. I mean, it would be pretty cool for a girl to run the boat." Jonathan said.

"It's fine, really. I shouldn't have blown up the way I did. Anyway, all I need is to grab my things and then you guys can start King season."

"Wait, what do you mean 'grab my things?'" Andy asked.

"Well, I figured between the boys and my explosion my chance of running the Time Bandit was gone, so I went and got work on the Cape Caution. They were short a deckhand anyway."

"Bai, we didn't want you to feel like you have to find a new boat-" My dad said

"No, it's okay. This way I can get my name out and run a boat one day. It's nothing personal. I just think I need to do this for myself."

"Well, we're sorry you're leaving" Jonathan said.

"Hey, don't think you're completely getting rid of me! I'll be around whenever we're in at the same time. And after all, we're still family."

"That's true" Jonathan chuckled. "Well, good luck. We'll give you a minute" he said motioning to my father.

Jonathan and Andy hugged me one last time then went into the galley. I turned to my dad who looked like if he wasn't a tough old crab fisherman he might cry.

"Bai, I'm so sorry. I should've paid as much attention to you as your brothers."

"Dad, it's not your fault. In fact, if you hadn't made me such a strong person I wouldn't ever even dream of leaving to another boat no matter how bad I wanted to be a captain. I'll be fine. But not until I know you're okay with this."

"Yeah. I just wish I'd done something more."

"You've done everything you can. Now give me a hug, I'm leaving in 5 minutes."

I finished grabbing my things and threw them off the deck. I hopped off and Andy called that they were heading out as soon as I was gone.

"We'll miss you Bai." Axel said as he messed my hair up.

"Yeah, you're a hell of a fisherman" Scott admitted embracing me in a hug.

"Don't you guys go getting misty on me. I'll see you before bairdi."

With that they hopped on deck and untied. I waved one last time as they pulled out and then grabbed my things and headed over to the Cape Caution. This felt really weird, but also like it was meant to be.

Zack's POV

Me and the guys finished repairing and stacking the pots. We were all waiting for dad to tell us we're pulling out when I heard Nick say something about a new deckhand.

"What, when did we get a new deckhand?"

"Early this morning when you were over talking to Josh." Nick replied.

"Oh, cool. Who is it?" I asked absent-mindedly.

"Bailey Hillstrand"

When I heard Nick say that name I swear to God my heart stopped. I had liked Bailey ever since I first arrived in Dutch. I'd only talked to her a couple of times, though and doubted she remembered me. Now we were going to be working together and I knew I wasn't going to be thinking about fishing much this season.

"Sup guys!?" I heard someone yell from the dock. I turned and saw Bailey climbing on deck.

"How ya doing?" Nick called.

"Oh, ya know, same old same."

"You two literally saw each other 2 hours ago, can you stop acting like idiots?" My dad asked.

"Nope" Bailey said

"Absolutely not" Nick replied at the same time.

Okay, so it looks like we're loaded. All we have to do is get Bailey settled and then we'll be off. Miles, who are you bunking with?"

"Uh, what? Oh, Nick." Miles said.

"Okay then, Bailey, you're bunking with Zack. Zack, help her get settled, then we'll leave."

"Not a problem" I said. I helped her carry her things into our bunk and we quickly got them settled.

"Thanks for your help" Bailey said

"No problem"

"Oh, if we're going to be rooming together, we should probably know each other a little more. I'm Bailey and I'm a Hillstrand. The rest Nick has told you, I'm sure."

"Yeah, he's talked about you a time or two. I'm Zack."

"Nice to meet you. Zack." she shook my hand a ran off onto the deck.

I knew I was in deep.

Hey guys!

Thank you so much for reading this! Let me know if you like where this is heading or have any suggestions!

~Dev, DeadliestSeahawk13