Chapter 12: No Crab Fishing.

Bailey's POV

*2 days later*

I woke up to find Nick fast asleep on the sofa bed in my hospital room. I looked over at the clock, which read 8:56am. This was going to be a long day. Deciding to not wake Nick up, I switched on the tv to find something to watch. Thank God it was football season. I found a Seahawk game and was virtually in my heaven, besides being in a hospital.

I watched the game until halftime, when Nick woke up. He's been so supportive throughout this entire thing. I mean, he's only even left the hospital once, to go find some better food. 

"Hey, what are you doing?" He asked, sitting up.

"Watching football, what else would I be doing?"

Nick chuckled as I said this. He knew I loved football more than most things in life. He knew more about me than most people, come to think of it.

We were watching the halftime report when my doctor walked into the room. "Hi Bailey, how are you feeling today?"

"A lot better than usual" I replied.

A couple of days ago it felt like I got hit by a semi truck, so anything was better than that.

"That's good. I have some great news for you. We've been watching you and you seem like you're good to leave the hospital."

"That's awesome!" I exclaimed.

"However" he sad giving me a look "No crab fishing until you're cleared. Which, by the way, won't be until 3 months from now or around then."

"Aww crap."

"Hey, you'll be back just in time for opies!" Nick joked. I slapped him on the shoulder as he did so.

"Okay, I'm going to go grab the paperwork so you can get out of here" the doctor smiled and left.

Within half an hour I was cleared to leave. Nick and I decided we really didn't want to go back to the dock today, so we spent the rest of the day screwing around, not doing much of anything. It was nice to have a few hours where people didn't ask you how you felt, or if you remembered anything else, or getting mad when you gave a wrong answer for either of them. But Nick was never really like that with me anyway. I mean, yeah to most people he was a jerk. But with me, he never was. He was always understanding, and had my back even when I was completely wrong. Something that's hard to come by in a friend.

We went back to the dock when it got dark and Nick dropped me off at the Time Bandit.

"Okay Bailey, I'll talk to you tomorrow" Nick said as he hugged me.

"Bye" I said as Nick walked off.

After Nick left I became aware of something that I wasn't when it happened. When he hugged me, I got a serious case of butterflies.

Was I starting to fall for my best friend?

Hi!

I hoped you guys liked this chapter! Short, I know, but it's a filler mostly.

Today is Tuesday! That means a new Deadliest Catch is coming on! *grabs popcorn and prepares hours ahead of time*

Thank you guys so much for all of your support! It means everything to me!

Love you!

~Dev, DeadliestSehawk13