Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"Dads! What the he-"

"Spoke too soon," Louis continues while rubbing his face. "Alright everyone needs to be quiet!" Louis then shouts which quickly shuts his two sons up, and just as he's about to start talking again he's cut off by a small voice.

"Louis," Zayn whimpers from the bottom of the stair. His hair is all over the place, eyes are bloodshot red, and his once organized outfit was now disheveled.

"Baby, hi, baby, c'mere," Louis coos as he walks over to the boy to pull him in for a hug only to feel him tense a bit before once again relaxing into it. "C'mon, love, why don't we go clean up your face a bit, yeah?" Louis ask and Zayn simply shrugs, so the man decides to just lead him over to the kitchen where he is quick to lift the boy up onto the counter and begin to wipe down his face.

"We're going to the police station?" Zayn asks after a couple minutes and Louis just nods his head with a sad smile. "C-can- Can I see my mum while we're there? Please?"

"Zayn, why do you want to see your mum? Did something else happen, too?" Louis presses but Zayn just shakes his head.

"She was always high or drunk when I lived with her and just- I don't know, I want to see her when she's sober. Want to just talk to her a bit," Zayn says with his head down and Louis can't help but sympathize for the boy because no matter how hard he tries to feel how he feels, he knows it isn't possible without going through what the boy's been through.

"We'll see what we can do, alright? For now let's get down to the station to figure some of this other stuff out," Louis says and Zayn once again nods before Louis picks him up and begins to carry him out to the car followed by the rest of the family.

It takes about twenty minutes to get to the police station from there house with all the traffic and what not, but when they finally arrive Louis is quickly running out before Harry even can park with Zayn once again on his hip.

"Louis can you put me down?" Zayn asks with a blush present on his face.

"In a minute, Zayn. Let's get into the offices first, babe," Louis says in a rushed and unquestionable manner as he continues to carry the far-too-underweight fourteen year old throughout the police department until they arrive at the offices they were looking for.

"Hello, can I help you sir?" A detective asks while approaching Louis, however, before the man can answer, the face he was looking for shows up.

"Louis? What are you doing here?" Olivia, the same detective who's been working on Zayn's case, asks as she walks away from her desk and over to the man.

"Olivia, thank god! We have stuff, not good stuff, but you need to see it!" Louis exclaims as he's guided over to her desk.

"Louis, can you please put me down now?" Zayn asks with cheeks red as cherries.

"I'm sorry, love," Louis says as he puts the boy down just as Harry, Liam, and Niall walk in. "Some videos were released and I think you're gonna need to see them," Louis says sadly.

"Okay, let me get the other detectives on the case to come with us, and, for now, Liam why don't you take Zayn and Niall over to the vending machine to get a snack? You know how to work the machine," Olivia says, knowing Liam knows the machine since he and Sam have used it multiple times when they drop food off for her.

With that being said Liam leads Zayn and Niall over to the vending machine whereas Olivia leads the adults and other detectives into a private room where they can discuss everything.

"So Louis what exactly is it that you need to show us? We've been working hard on this case and there's no doubt all of them will be looking at jail time, so what else can actually be shown?" Olivia asks and Harry and Louis simply sigh before the latter hands over his phone where a video was present on the screen.