Part 7

Gizell and I quickly walked home silently. We locked the doors and went to my room to just...wait, really. I didn't know what we were waiting for...

I fiddled with my phone, turning it off and on and flipping it in my hands, almost like I was waiting for a text from Hayes.

Why am I so worried about him? We kissed. That was it. It's not like I liked him or anything...

We stayed up all night, checking our phones every 5 minutes until we eventually fell asleep just as the sun rose. I checked my phone to see 1 new message.

'From Unknown:
I'm sorry Mia -Hayes'

I tried to text back but it wouldn't send. I couldn't call either. 'Sorry'? For what?

"Mia we have to go to school.", Gizell tugged at my arm. I showed her the text.

"Yeah...um...Grayson sent me that too...", she said, quietly trying to hold back tears,"but he broke up with me...",she wiped away a tear as it fell down her cheek.

I gave her a hug as she cried onto my shoulder.

"Hey its okay...", I tried cheering her up. She composed herself and we got dressed to go to school.

-

We were about a block away from school, walking through an alleyway when I heard a car engine near by. A black van screeched to a stop next to us. It was quiet for a few moments until 3 men came bursting through the back door of the vehicle. Gizell and I ran but they easily caught up to us and grabbed our arms. There was the loud clanking of guns and they surrounded us.

"DON'T FUCKING MOVE.", a man yelled, pressing the gun against my head. I was frozen. Tears rushed down my face. I shot my gaze towards Gizell who had a guy pointing a gun at her chest. She started to hyperventilate.

"SHUT UP!!", the man said, and pistol whipped her, knocking her onto the ground.

"STOP!", I screamed, looking at Gizell, having a full-blown anxiety attack.

"GIZELL CALM DOWN. BREATHE. EVERYTHING IS OKAY.", I yelled over to her, reassuring her that everything was okay but I knew it wasn't.

"SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH.", another man pressed the gun closer to my head.

"Where is Hayes Grier.", the third man, I'm guessing the leader, demanded, looking at me. I stayed quiet. He was getting impatient so he motioned for the man to do something. I felt him cock the gun back.

"Where the fuck is Hayes Grier.", he demanded in a more harsh tone.

"Better tell him princess or I'll blow your brains out.", the man holding the gun to my head happily chanted.

The leader walked over to Gizell and held a gun up to her head.

"How about you. Where is your sweet boyfriend Grayson?", he smirked, cocking the back. She was still breathing heavily but she calmed down a bit.

"Who the fuck are you talking about.",she quickly pushed out.

"Don't act dumb. Tell me where the fuck they are.", he yelled causing Gizell to flinch.

"Fine since the both of you aren't talking, I guess both of your heads will get blown off.",he shrugged.

I felt more pressure on the back of my head. I could hear the man's hand move towards the trigger. My breathing was hitched and tears were streaming down my face endlessly. I took a sharp breath in, just waiting for it to happen. Seconds seemed liked minutes. Everything happened in slow motion.

and...

Bang.