All too good

Kameron's P.O.V.
I looked to the passenger seat and saw Autumn playing with the sleeves of her sweater, pulling them over her hands as far as they could go before it pulled off her shoulders.
"We're almost there." I whispered and this slight smile appeared across her face.
We arrived to a little park not far from the city but the air stood still enough to not hear the traffic. I grabbed Autumn's arm, and she stepped out. I grabbed a basket full of food out too careful to not let her hear or feel the basket in my arm. I pulled her to the grass and laid a blanket down in the grass. I faced her towards the view of the lake and a little further the city peaked through the trees.
"Sit down, I'll help you to make sure you don't fall." I said. She sat down and I took food out and placed it on the blanket. Muffins, fruit and tea that was in a thermos.
"Okay take your blind fold off." I said. She smiled and struggled to pull it off. I reached over and untied it and slowly let her see the view.
"Woah." She said under her breath.
"Yeah, my mom used to take my sister and I here when we were little. And now I come here when I need to think." I said
"You must have a fantastic mom." She said smiling towards the water.
"I had an amazing mom. We lost her last June..." I said my voice cracking
"Oh I'm sorry." She said looking at me in the eyes looking concerned.
"It's okay. I know she's here." I said pointing to my heart.
"She's probably looking at her son feeling oh so proud. You're so sweet." She said
"Thanks Autumn. Hungry?" I asked
"Yeah!"she said excitedly
We ate and talked a bit, but the question lingered my brain too long not to ask..."Aren't you warm wearing that sweater?" I asked.
"Uh. Yeah but I'm comfortable." She said pausing before her answer.
"Do you have tattoos that you're hiding from me" I joked.
"Kinda." She said quietly
"Wait really?" I asked shocked.
"Well. Not exactly ink tattoos." Autumn began rolling up her sleeves. Scars, a lot of them.
"I've got tattoos too." I whisper. Pulling my bracelets off my left wrist."they are from a long time ago, but I've got them." Autumn reached forward and touched my wrist.
"Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing the monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward." She said
"Are you a poet?" I asked wide eyed at her powerful words.
"C.S. Lewis... I love reading if you haven't noticed. Haha. I have that written... Or had it written on my bedroom at my dad's old apartment before he sold it. I saw it all the time and slowly memorized it." She said.
"Then why do you cover them up?" I asked
"Why do you?" She shot back calmly.
"Because I'm afraid my sister will think it's okay to hurt herself if she hits hard times." I say
"Exactly... I don't want my brothers to see it." She responded as I began to understand.
"I will always be a safe place to vent, and it's okay to let go completely with me." I say
She pulled her sweater off over her head... And her hair fell perfectly as it blew in the slight wind that had started to rush.
Woah. That's all I could think. There's this angel sitting right in front of me and she's absolutely beautifully perfect to me.
The sky grew gray. The wind picked up.
"Rain." I say. Looking to Autumn who started to lay back in the grass.
"The sky, look at it." She said and I leaned back next to her in the grass our heads almost touching.
It was an unbelievable sight, half of the sky was bright and sunny and the other was dark and cloudy. "Goes to show that even beautiful things have ugly sides." She said.
"Not you." I whispered and she turned her head towards me. And our faces met.
A drop of rain hit my nose, and another fell on Autumn's eyelashes.
It started to pour.
"Oh my God." I screamed grabbing everything and running to the car. Autumn laughing stands there letting the rain fall on her. "Autumn?" I shout towards her.
"I finally feel free!" She says running towards me and we get into the car.
I stare at her, her hair is wet and still looks gorgeous. I start to drive and she's looking at me smiling.
"You're so hot." She says.
My eyes widened."What?"
"You are. Honestly you are." She stares at me some more.
"So are you." I wink and continue to drive.
She looks towards the road. I reach for her hand and she lets me hold it in mine. We we're almost towards her home when we saw flashing lights up ahead in the distance. As we pulled closer we noticed they were in front of her home. An ambulance and a police truck. A car with some damage to the front parked in the road and a mangled bike laid on the ground.
"Oh my God. No no no no NO!" Autumn pulls her hand from mine to unbuckle her seat belt. I park and she runs out of the car leaving her sweater behind on the seat. I get out of the car and run after her.
I could see a boy about twelve or thirteen strapped to a gurney with a neck brace and pretty beaten up. They were pushing him into the ambulance. A woman who was crying hysterically and a calm but frazzled man who I believed to be Autumn's parents go into the ambulance. The man starts shouting to Autumn. "Get Eli and drive to the hospital!" Before the doors closed rushing the other direction. A girl sat on the curb crying and hugging her knees next to her a bike.
Autumn falls to her knees hyperventilating.
"Autumn!" I say grabbing and a carrying her inside.
She wraps her arms around my neck and burrows her head in my neck crying.
"Autumn, come on we need to focus. Where is Eli?" I ask
She lifts her head. Tears streamed down her face. "Ppproobably upstairs" she stuttered.
I put her down and help her walk up the stairs. "I have to calm down I can't let him see me broken like this." She said as she wiped her tears. She was strong, I just don't think she knew how strong she was.
She opened the door and the little boy was sleeping in a bed, he looked so peaceful.
"Eli bear we need to go for a ride okay?" She whispers and. He stirs and she picks him up carefully. He holds onto a teddy bear. "We need to get him in a car seat" she says. Downstairs she grabs keys to the car in the driveway. Which was currently blocked by the other car that was in the incident.
"Can we get the car seat into my car?" I ask
"I guess if you don't mind." She says still slightly breaking her words.
"I'll grab it from the car. I say and she walks towards the girl across the street still holding Eli. "Mack, are you okay?" She asks.
Mack shakes her head no. "Want to come with us?"
She looks towards me almost reassuring that it was okay and I nodded as I put the car seat in my car.
We get into the car, Eli still sleeping, Mack still crying and Autumn staring straight forward shaking. I grab her hand again and hold it tight as we drove to the hospital.
We had no idea what was ahead of us.