New York Readery bookstore

It's summer, and I literally have nothing to do but sit in my dad's apartment on this hot Saturday. My dad doesn't really trust me walking alone in New York City since I'm "only 16". I am silently sitting in my room wishing I had a book or two. I know I'm not normal. Why would a teenager want to read on summer break!? Well I have this weird obsession with reading books, but all my books are at my mom's.
My parents aren't divorced... You see, they were never married. They were high school sweethearts that, guess what!? Didn't work out. But two weeks after they broke up my mom found out she was pregnant with me. Being only 17 at the time they promised that they would not let me live without a dad and a mom.
Dad is always busy, with work or with his girlfriend Ivory... I'm kind of just the pet. I hate Ivory, or as I call her Mrs. Too Perky. She honestly is happy about everything, I mean her cat could die and she'd be happy still. Ivory calls me the Fall en Angel, because my name is Autumn... and I've been diagnosed with depression. So I've fallen. I honestly cannot stand the fact that she calls me that, because it only reminds me that I'm not happy.
Dad walked through the door. " Autumn I'm home!" I guess I should respond because he could be my only way to get to the bookstore. "Hey dad." I am walking through the kitchen at this point. Dad looks happy... Which was new. "Guess what pumpkin?" Dad has always called me pumpkin, because again it goes with the autumn theme of my name. "What dad?" I talk in monotone at the wrong times for some unknown reason "I got a ring...." I am walking away nope nope can't do this. " bye" "Autumn!! It's for you." The ring caught my eye as dad holds it up. The color blue dances across the light of the sun from the window. "It's gorgeous" Dad slides it on my right pointer finger. "Thank you" I am sitting here awkwardly... Ask him! "Dad?" His head nods then picks up his briefcase "can we go to the bookstore?" The look on his face is super assuring it has to be a no! Now he is looking at his watch. "I have an hour kid, let's go." I'm sixteen... I could go to places by myself in Manhattan (mom's house)... But the city was too big and scary.
The bookstore isn't huge, but it is exactly what I need. I glanced around until my eye caught this one book called Anxiety Attack. I had gotten Anxiety Attacks before so it seemed appropriate. I also grabbed another book called killing butterflies but my interest really sat on Anxiety Attack. The little bookstore called New York Readery had a little coffee shop in it and knowing my dad we would be stopping there. After paying for the books we walked to the coffee shop and I got a cup of tea and dad got his coffee. I am an avid tea drinker. I seriously think it's a problem. I pulled out Anxiety Attack and started reading. It must have been twenty minutes, or so and I hadn't looked up once from my book. My dad tapped my shoulder and said "let's go" and I continued to read. I was walking and I accidentally walked right into a bookshelf. "Autumn put the book down for like 10 minutes will you?" My dad chuckled and I did because I couldn't risk walking into the busy streets. When I looked back in the store a guy was staring at me... And I look towards my dad and quoted the book "Good thing no ones normal."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys thanks for reading! ignore the mistakes for right now I'll edit them later. Thanks again to 11tay99 for letting me use her book in this story :) Have you guys read Anxiety Attack? If you haven't it's really good so check it out.
Any predictions, future characters, or ideas? LEAVE THEM IN THE COMMENTS :D
THANKS FOR READING!