Something is Different

Autumn's P.O.V.
I walked downstairs in my mother's home at 2 am and I heard two very familiar voices coming from the living room. It was laughter, but not children laughing it was two adults I've known my own life. I grew up with these laughs... But never at the same time , let alone in the same room. I peek my head in and find my mom and dad sitting on the floor, backs against the couch and an old year book on the coffee table. They looked so happy, so young and so in love. I have never seen them like this, at least not with each other.
"Oh oh, remember when Rylee Anderson drove his pickup into the halls as a senior prank? Pretty sure Mr. Checkofe was not pleased with his 'perfectly spotless tiles' getting tire marks across them." My dad said pointing to a picture of some guy I couldn't recognize.
"Ah yes! That was our sophomore year... The year we started dating." My mom said turning the page. "Ha speaking of the devil." My mom pointed towards the next page. 1994 was written across the top of the page. A picture of my parents together laid under the wording with the label 'Cutest Couple'
"Oh wow. That's an adorable picture... But someone's missing from it." My dad looked at my mom.
"That was three months before we broke up. And four months before I found out I was carrying a child." Mom whispered. "But it would have been nice to have her in the picture."
Dad pulls out his wallet and opens it. He pulls out a piece of paper and sticks it in the book. "There. Our beautiful daughter." He whispered. I could only see a bit of it but it was a baby picture of me right next to my parents.
Mom leaned her head on Dad's shoulder. "She's such a little flower. I'm afraid she'll brake, but oh how gorgeous is she." Mom spoke
"She has your eyes, and smile." dad tells her.
"And your nose and dimples." Mom says back.
"Her determination and passion comes out at some of the best moments just like her absolutely gorgeous mother." Dad whispers before leaning in and kissing mom.
I back up, and run up the stairs as quietly as I can.
Laying in bed looking up at the ceiling just thinking how lovely it'd be to have a more normal life. A mom and dad in the same home. I continue to play the scene that took place in the living room over and over. I think for the first time in a long while I sleep with a smile across my face.
In the morning I wake at 6 am. I head downstairs and the air is quiet, there's no smell of baked goods, no singing mom and defiantly no one in the kitchen. I walk to the living room and find my parents asleep. Mom leaning on Dad's shoulder like last night, almost as if they never moved.
"Uh mom? Dad?" I say
My mom opens her eyes "Morning Pumpkin pie... Pumpkin pie omg I was supposed to make pumpkin pies!" Mom sprinted up and runs to the kitchen.
Dad stirs before waking up. "Good Morning!" He spoke.
I stare at him with my 'famous look' it's the cross between 'really' and 'explain'.
"I don't understand that look so I'm just going to help your mother." He chuckles.
I walk to the kitchen and sit at the table just staring at the sight of my parents together. They acted like puppy love teenage kids, but I loved it. It was adorable and brought me true happiness. Mom and dad worked on making pies and the time ticked by. The next thing I knew it was 8:45. I didn't have work today, but I figured I should get dressed. I walk upstairs and get dressed. I look at my phone and I had a text message.
1 iMessage from Kameron 😊
8:42 am K: Hello! Good morning beautiful. I was thinking about going to breakfast... Care to join? I'll pick you up if you say yes :)
I smiled. I would love to go to breakfast with the most amazing guy I've met.
8:53 am A: Morning Kam! I guess I should give you my address ;)
I texted him my address and at about 9:15 he was at my door.
*The door bell rings*
"I GOT IT!" I shout... My parents not even unlocking eyes.
I opened the door and there stands the boy I think I've fallen pretty hard for. His arms behind his back.
"Hey Kam!" I smile.
"Hai Autumn!" He winks at me which causes me to blush. "Do you mind if I blind fold you?" Kameron asks me.
"Are you going to murder me?" I whisper
"No of course not." He laughs.
"Okay good then yeah I guess so." I say turning around so he could tie the blindfold to my head.
"Alright take my hand and I'll guide you to the car." And I took his warm hand... Or my hand was just freezing (like always) I'm not really sure.
Next thing I knew I was sitting in a car.
"So um where are we going?" I whisper
"Autumn that beats the purpose of the blindfold. Ha ha." He whispers back
I could feel myself fill with warmth and delight. I think my life is finally taking a turn to the brighter side.