Chapter 5

Naomi

After grabbing one of Nonie's rice crispy treats, that she insisted I had, me, Nonie, my mother,Leo's parents, and Kay's parents gathered out in the back. We sat at a picnic table that was under a huge tree that I was quite familiar with after climbing it millions of times when I was younger.

Kay had went to go see if mike was okay and a few minutes later Leo showed up with his lip bleeding and face all red.

Automatically Jill, Leo's mother, broke out into a frantic. She was a small lady with short brown hair and many rings on her fingers that had matching bracelets. She was wearing black capris and a blue fancy tank top. "Oh my goodness! What happened to my little baby? You need to put ice on it right now Leo Jacob Riley." She was examining his lip while everyone was watching.

"I'm okay mom. Just never bug Mike when he's mad."

Suddenly my mother jumped in. "Oh no. Did he hit you? I'm going to have a talk with him. Oh believe me he'll learn his lesson Leo." She said concernedly.

"Why was he so mad?" Kay's mom, Tammy, also added. She on the other hand was taller than Jill and had blonde hair just like Kay.

I had a feeling I was apart of the whole reason he was mad. Maybe it was because I showed up before the wedding. I don't know what but I was the reason Mike was upset and my gut was telling me to just go back to New York.

Mike's anger triggers an old thought into my head where it tells me that no one wants me. Mike, Garrett, and it seems like everyone here has each other so why would they need me. I feel so out of place and I can't help but want to leave all of a sudden. I should've just stayed in New York and searched for a new place. I should've never asked Leo for help.

"I really don't know. I just went up to him and he punched me." Leo said confusingly.

"That doesn't make sense. Mike wouldn't do that with out a reason." Leo father had said like he didn't believe Leo. That was harsh.

"Well he didn't tell me a reason. He just did it." Leo was obviously annoyed that his father had chose Mike's side.

"It might be because of me. I mean ever since I moved to New York Mike has been short with me." I finally gave my input on the conversation not being able to listen to an investigation going nowhere.

"Oh don't say that honey. You know he was just used to having his sister by his side all through life. He just misses you that's all." My mother tried to comfort me by giving me a side hug while we sat on the bench.

"I'm pretty sure if he missed me he would talk to me then."

I began to stand up to go unpack until my grandmother stopped me.

"You aren't going anywhere missy. You just got here, sit back down." Nonie sat her hands on my shoulders pushing me back down. She walked to the head of the table while Leo took a seat at the edge next to me since it was the only one open. Nonie looked at Jill and Todd, Leo's parents, and then back over to my mother like she knew something was up. It felt like I was in trouble and honestly I felt my heart pounding, I was terrified of Nonie when she was angry.

"When were you going to tell us you two were... A thing or dating or whatever you guys are?"

Oh god they all know. They saw the picture of me with Leo... In our underwear swimming. I automatically felt the blush appear on my cheeks. I never wanted my family to see me in such an inappropriate manner especially with Leo. 

I felt the urge to explain and save myself from any dignity I had. "Oh we can explain-" just as I was about to tell Nonie everything, even mine and Leo's deal, he cuts me off.

"We're actually dating and we were going to tell you after the wedding. Sorry you guys had to find out like this."

What the hell? That little bastard.

I even looked at the bastard with a what-the-hell expression. I'm sure he's not stupid enough to think our deal applied to our families?

"Wait-" I tried to protest and fix whatever he just started but his lying ass interrupted me again.

"It's okay Naomi. We can tell them now." He set his arm on my shoulder and gave me a pleading look. I would do anything right now to tell what he was thinking.

"Well it's about damn time." Nonie exclaimed and everyone around us chuckled. "You owe me fifty bucks Todd."

"You betted on us?" I became so angry but that didn't even compare to my anger towards Leo. The last thing I ever wanted to do was lie to my family but his expression had told me he had a good reason. Damn he better have a good reason.

"Well so did your mother. We both saw it coming since you guys were babies and made the bet when mike proposed."

"Mom!" My mother sounded like a teenage girl. "She wasn't supposed to know about it."

Okay so in the last five minutes I started dating my childhood best friend and I found out my family placed a bet on my love life(which I'm not too happy about). This trip should be fun...

That means if I'm 'dating' Leo now, I have to act like were a couple full time. Ooh he better have a good- no great explanation for me to not end this tomorrow and tell the truth.

He should've at least talked to me about it before he went and forced me to lie. My anger about the bet and Leo built up inside me but of course the kind of person I am, I keep it in. Although I kept it in now, Leo was going to get a earful, and maybe even a assful of my foot,later.

"So you didn't think I would ever date Naomi?" Leo looked at his father and by his tone of voice I couldn't tell if he was disappointed or just curious.

"Honestly son, I thought she would be too busy with her career. But I am truly so happy for you two! She really is a great girl and I couldn't be more proud of you Leonard."

"Nice cover up." Nonie mumbled next to Todd.

It was weird to hear those words and proud tone come out of Todd's mouth. It seems like Todd always has this disapproving attitude towards Leo which I don't know why. He lives in such a nice place which shows that he has to do something successful to earn it.

"Well now that we know it's true. You two will be staying in a guest room together so that allows more space for everyone okay? Now why don't we go celebrate?"

A month sharing a room with Leo Riley...kill me now.

Hey guy! I've been mia lately and I'm sorry but schools starting and I've been working a lot but I do apologize for that. Anyways I'll try to update more. But just letting you guys know, it motivates me more when I get comments and votes(; so feel free to give feedback, even if it's critical.

Don't be a silent reader!

(The cover is a picture of Mike and Kay!)