Chapter 3

Riley

I wake up with a slight head ache and it was definitely not from the alcohol last night but another corruptive factor presently in my life.

After spraying the water in Leo's face like I was some damn five year old I quickly got out and ran inside not caring about my leggings or that I was soaking wet. I didn't look back once and then ran to my room not knowing how to feel. Leo was my old best friend and I never looked at him like that but now he seemed irresistible. Even though he was gorgeous and perfect now so many things seemed wrong about it.

Especially since I just got out of a relationship yesterday, I definitely didn't need the whole Leo mess to cause another confusion in my head. However my feeling towards the situation didn't stop me from thinking about it all last night.

Why was I acting like this? I never obsess over things like this, not even with Garrett after he made a move on me. I usually just make the decision right then and there if I like a guy.

I continued to change into a cute shirt and high waisted shorts. I grabbed my suitcases and started walking to face the thing I've been scared to face all morning.

As I reached the bottom of the steps I smelled bacon and eggs. I walked over to the really nice white marble kitchen with black appliances and noticed him. He was standing there eating his breakfast while wearing a blue shirt that showed the outline of his pecs, leather jacket, and jeans with vans.

I really hope this conversation is not about to be awkward. I suck at dealing with these things.

I sat down at one of the seats at the island where he stood at with a fair distance away. I refused to be the first one to talk just because that's the way I am.

After about a minute of listening to Leo eat he slid a plate of eggs, toast, and bacon towards me that was sitting on the other side.

"This is for you."  Leo said while still not looking at me. He was trying to seem like he wasn't interested but he sucked at hiding it.

"Thanks." I quietly started to eat it while Leo drank the rest of his orange juice and put everything in the sink.

"Even though you ran away last night, I know you still want me." I was about to respond and deny it but he already left the kitchen.

***

Three hours later and acting like nothing happened we were on the plane to California. We still had 4 hours left until we landed and I was stuck in a seat right next to Leo.

Honestly everything went back to the way it was like at the coffee shop. Leo didn't say anything about the night before and neither did I and I thank god from saving me from that awkwardness.

I was looking at the field of clouds out the window when I suddenly felt Leo's hand grab my thigh. I quickly look up at him to find him watching "Marley and Me" on the tv and acting like it was no big deal.

I brushed his hand off and started to read the book that was open in my lap. I wasn't in the mood to watch "Marley and Me" because all that would do is make me cry.

Suddenly Leo's hand grabbed my thigh again but further up about 5 inches away from my lady part. He clenched his hand more firmly and lowered his lips towards my ears before I could brush him off again.

"Are you sure you want to turn this down again Naomi? Aren't you afraid I might give up?" His whisper tickled my ear and another one of my body parts if you know what I mean.

I squeezed his wrist as hard as I could and yanked it off my leg. I placed his hand back in  his lap. "Next time your dirty hand touches me I'm going to cut it off."

"Last time I checked you can't bring a knife onto a plane." Leo sarcastically gasped and whispered again,"Don't tell me that you broke the rules?!"

"I can still bite it off or hurt you in another way." I kept my eyes down to my book not looking up once.

"I'd like to see that." I could almost hear the smirk in Leo's voice.

"Oh really now?" I took Leo's hand and bit the back as hard as I could. He quickly yanked it away and rubbed it.

"Damn it Naomi. That actually hurt."

"Are you going to keep your hands to yourself now?" I developed a satisfied smile on my face knowing that my plan worked.

"I don't know that actually turned me on." Leo was now the one looking at me with a satisfied smile. I scoffed and rolled my eyes but then my glance caught something.

A lady in her fifties was holding a magazine in her hands on the other side of the aisle and right there on the cover was a picture of me in the pool with Leo.

Not believing what I saw I quickly tapped Leo and pointed towards the magazine. "Ask her for that."

After the lady nicely gave the magazine to Leo, I grabbed it from him and examined the front. It read "Naomi Alexander Takes a Swim in Lingerie with Mystery Guy." In the picture it shows the moment where Leo was inches away from my face.

"Damn it! They must've followed me to your apartment and taken the picture from another building." I groaned loudly and threw my head back in the seat.

Leo looked at me confused and said,"Who cares?" He shrugged his shoulders and went back to watching the movie.

I fucking care, that's who cares. This would cause so much gossip especially with Garrett and I didn't want him talking about me at interviews or me getting reminded of him by people. People are going to bombard me with questions about it at any chance they get, that's how it always worked.

"I care. It's the last thing I need. Especially with the whole Garrett thing. I'm not going to hear the end of it." I shook my head and rolled my eyes again in annoyance. Leo doesn't understand how difficult it is to have press determine my success in auditions and other activities. All my career was about was my image.

Leo opened his cookies and began eating them. After swallowing he looked back at me. "Stop worrying about what other people think. At least look at the positives, Garrett's probably fusing over this shit." Leo ate another cookie and talked again,"Plus don't you people have a saying where any press is good press or something like that?"

Leo did have a point. It felt good knowing that this would make Garrett jealous. "I do like the thought of pissing Garrett off." I smiled. That douche bag doesn't even know how much he hurt me and deserves the amount pain I'm going through right now even if that's a small fraction.

"Atta girl." Leo patted my thigh and I waited for him to grab it again but he put his arm back on the arm rest.

Suddenly I came up with an idea that would maybe help me get back at the cheating asshole. I looked up at Leo and I felt excitement overcome my expression.

He noticed me staring and looked down. "What?"

Hey guys I'm making the authors note at the end now. Just to let you all know, your support is a great motivation for me to write and I can't wait to write more. I've just been busy lately but feel free to share with friends, comment, vote, give me suggestions! All would be helpful. Be an active reader(:
(By the way, the cover is a picture of Naomi!!)

Thanks again!!!