VI: Opposites Attract in Life-or-Death Situations

PERCY
▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪

Gasps were heard all around. Mutterings alternating between English and Ancient Greek bounced off the walls of the throne room.

"SILENCE!" Zeus boomed.

Well I guess that shut them up real quick. The kind turned to look at me.

"Why do you wish to die, boy?" He interrogated.

I sighed, "Because I have nothing to live for."

The words came out in barely a whisper. All of the sudden, all the gods looked at each other, making weird expressions. I could tell they was having a mental conversation. When they all focused back onto me, Zeus had a mischevious glint in his eyes.

"We are offering you godhood once more, do you accept?"

I thought, how odd, I come here to die and they offer me a chance to live forever. Isn't it ironic, don't ya think. The major downfall is that I would have to bear the heartbreaks and loss of friends and family forever.' I made what I thought was the obvious decision.

"Uh, no? That's kinda the opposite reason I came here. I decline your offer once again. Sorry."

I kinda expected him to get mad or something, but I did not expect the response he gave me.

Zeus replied, "This is not an offer anymore. You will become a god."

Ah crap, here we go.

Zeus and the other gods began chanting sime mumbo jumbo and I dashed off, hoping to reach the elevator before they did. Not with my luck! The King of the Maniacs hurled his handy-dandy lightning bolt at me, but I narrowly dodged the electrifying rod by rolling to my left.

Thank you, Thalia. I thought. I then reconsidered my situation.

Hang on a second:
I came here to die.
I was offered immortality.
I said no.
Zeus said I had to become a god.
I ran.
Zeus threw a deadly lightning bolt at me.
I dodged a lightning bolt that might have killed me.

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!
Do they want me to die, or not?
Do I actually want to die?

Demeter and Dionysus were on my left, Apollo and Ares on my right, The big three behind me, Hestia and Hera still at their thrones, Artemis, Aphrodite, and Athena directly ahead of me, and Hephaestus and Hermes at the elevators. Wait, that's kinda funny. I made a mental map in my head.

Here's their positions:

                                             |elevator|
                                                   H H

                                                  A A A
                                      D D..... ME .....A A
                                                 Z P H

Thrones:                                 H H

Funny right? Look at their initials! They have five people who's name starts with an A and 5 people who's name starts with an H.

They had to have practiced the formation, at least mentally. Maybe they KNEW I would make a run for it and had planned it out ahead of time! Maybe I fell right into th...Oh wait, stupid ADHD! Anyways, to sum up my situation, I'm pretty much surrounded. I uncapped riptide.

Zeus declared my observation aloud. "Give up, boy! You have no where to run."

I pointed toward the sky with my trusty sword, "Hey, what's that?"

They all looked. So gullible, I thought to myself. 

While they were distracted, I ducked under Artemis's bow and jumped over Athenas' spear. With a last attempt to stop me, Aphrodite sprayed the worst perfume I've ever smelled, and succeeded in making me cough and gag. Athena used my nasal malfunction against me and jabbed her spearhead to my stomach. I barely managed to parry it with Riptide, and got around the three.

Apollo then shot a volley of arrows at me, but I dropped to the ground, successfully dodging all of them. Two strayed away from their group and punctured Dionysus in the leg and the other planted itself into Demeter's arm. With a howl, Dionysus grew grape vines that enclosed about my ankles, but I ripped them away as soon as they came. They made me increasingly frustrated, and they slowed me down quite a bit, which caught me slightly off guard.

Apollo managed to hit my arm with one of his arrows and it erupted in pain. I kept going. I dashed around Hephaestus and Hermes while attempting to open the elevator by hastily pushing the button. Before I could squeeze through the barely opened doors, thick vines grew all over the metal contraption, keeping them locked tight. I couldn't tell if it was the works of Dionysus or Demeter, but that didn't really matter at this point.

I groaned in fury and frustration when an idea surfaced to my brain. A completely stipid and idiotic idea, but I mean I came here to die anyway, so why not? I ran to the edge of Olympus and looked down, it was pretty far.

All the Olympians froze when they saw what I was doing. Athena spoke, "Calm down now, don't do anything regrettable, Perseus."

"My name's Percy," I muttered.

She took a step forward and I inched closer to the edge. My heels hung off about an inch and I was still gazing toward the ground 600 stories below me. There was no chance of survival if I jumped.

Athena tried to smooth her voice, speaking to me likea caged animal. "It's okay Perseus, just step away from the edge. Everything will be alright."

She took another step forward and I looked up. My eyes gathered a few tears as I looked upon their faces. I smirked a little.

"Time for one last reckless stunt."

I fell backwards into the open air.

<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>
Cliffhanger, take two!
Vote in the comments on Perry's relationship
Comment mistakes in my writing (politely)
1000 words
Edited
You know, I'm lucky to have you guys
You're my unrelenting chapees
In your demigodishness and all that,
                                                       ~CE_DOLESH

The Olympians: You killed our hero!

Me: I never said he was dead!

Percy: Yeah! I am free, free falling! (Free Falling)

Zeus: I shall strike you with my lightning bolt, writer!

Me: No! I am just writing a story!