Chapter 8 - Choosing My Path

Sorry for the late update! :( I'm having second thoughts about this story... do you think I should continue it?

***

If this was the 'real work' Bree was talking about, then it is becoming a pain in the butt.

It's bad enough that I have to socialize with all these people and they may get an unappealing impression towards me, but now Damien, the person of all people who saw me run over a girl with our car, is right here, waiting for me to once again embarrass myself.

Damien looked around curiously, investigating every person's face. He looked like he was flustered because his hair was unnecessarily messy. I tried looking away because if he saw me again, he is going to start thinking I'm a real life fugitive.

But wait a second, hold up...

Why do I care so much?

And because of my attempt, he just didn't see me. I looked at Lily and saw how she looked at Damien; it was official. She was also intoxicated by his beauty. Everyone is, so that's not a real shocker. Damien just disappeared when I tried relooking for him.

I quickly regretted glancing at Lily because a millisecond later, she also spared a glance in my direction.

I guess she knows that I really am here.

I didn't know what to do, and I don't want to look at her so I looked away. I have to say though, without the Damien, Lily, and animal waste part, I think I have...

"I have wonderful news people!" Bree stated, not so softly at us. We all looked at her inquisitively. "My nephew, Damien, will be with us today to,"

She pulled him towards the visible side of the door, and he was wincing awkwardly, which resulted to her telling him to stop doing that. "Well, as I was saying, he's here for experience because he will take a vet course for college."

"Yeah, I really love animals." He injected, which developed a variety of reactions from the people. "I think every animal deserves a happy and healthy life."

Oops. That is probably the biggest turn off.

I looked around to see the reaction of the people. I recognize a few people's faces so I'm pretty sure we all go to the same school; well, except for the real life fugitives. So, I was looking around and spotted this;

a) The girls were blushing so hard core they were redder than the red sea. They were staring at him dreamily like they were already picturing themselves as his girlfriend and were already formulating a fan fiction in their heads. And get this; Lily Reagan was one of them.

b) The jocks just had their arms crossed the whole entire time. They all looked unimpressed but the gradual switches of their emotions clearly state that they feel envious because I know and I'm pretty sure they do too, that they secretly want to be him.

c)

The real fugitives weren't even listening. They were just staring aimlessly at the window waiting for their life to pass by. They just went here for business and their faces were all about business if you ask me.

And as for me, I happen to be looking at him straight in the eye. The corner of his lips tugged into a lopsided smile and I smiled coyly back at him. My face was all like,

Hi, fancy meeting you here. I was the one that hit the random girl with our car by the way. And I broke Stephanie's nose and other extremities. Not that you should know that.

After all that commotion, Bree dismissed us and gave us our assigned stalls.

From what I have remembered, there are about four basic rooms in this pound namely, the cat room, the dog room, the wild animals room, and the bird room. I was definitely up for anything excluding the cat room.