"Stop this!" Fariel yelled but Ake continued to press Karos against a tree speaking faster and faster as the seconds passed. He let go of Karos' throat as Fariel said some soft words.

More Eunarian words spilled out Ake's mouth as he lunged for him again.

"This is no time to quarreling Ake, Karos!"

"No, I will not have it. Look at how he looks at me," Karos spat. "This." He pointed to his chest where the gem laid. "This is what you want is it not?" His voice grew louder. "Then take it! Take it and be gone."

"Karos you do not mean that," Fariel said with some cautiousness.

"It has been days now, and all he does is threaten me, nearly choking the life from me each time. No, no, no Fariel. I will not travel with someone who despises me."

"He has despised you from the very beginning. Why does such feelings hold meaning now?" Fariel was quick to close his eyes at the slip of words.

Karos scoffed before shaking his head. "And the truth comes out now, now does it?" He posed the question more to Ake who had nothing but anger brimming in his irises. " I have had enough of you," he growled.

"And do you believe I had wanted any of this? Did you ever think I would come to think any more of you than the vile thing you call yourself, human." Ake spat.

"Vile? Vile?" Karos exclaimed. "Did you not rip the heads clear off of my comrades bodies? Did you not kill hundreds—no thousands of my people on that battlefield? I forwent the judgment of you in fear of my bias, but my bias held firm. You are a beast."

"As you killed hundreds of mine who had done you no wrong! Do not paint me in the same light as your murderous kind."

"You merely saved me for this cursed gem!" Ake's eyes faltered for a moment before Karos scoffed.

"Do not feign innocent now. This is all you wanted of me."

"Yes, and what of it?" Ake's eyes met Karos with a burning stare then. "Did you think I wanted to save you all those times and, instead, leave you to your bad decisions and mistakes? Did you think we could have been anything more than strangers? Do not make me laugh." Ake looked Karos up and down before cutting his eyes away from him.

"Is that it? Is that truly it?" Karos nodded his head before walking away. "I am going home. As soon as I am done there, I will go wherever you so please. The sooner this gem is removed, the better." He went on and spat out blood massing from the cut on his lip reopened by Ake.

Karos noticed Fariel's wide eyes on the both of them, but he paid him no mind. He was angry. No, he was more than angry. Never did he think words from him could burn so deep. All he is is fire burning everything that he touched, he thought.

He stopped in his tracks and heard Ake stopping in his as well. It dawned on the both of them. The conversation they had.

"What a scene! What a scene!" Fariel clasped his hands together. "Your anger can transcend language barriers, how funny that is! Truly, you make quite the pair." His eyes went to Karos before lingering on Ake's. "You are both angry with one another, but do not say words you do not mean out of spite."

Ake continued to walk away setting Karos into motion next. Yet, Fariel went and pulled on Karos' arm and grabbed Ake's next. "We are getting close to Ylon. Do not go and separate. All I smell is smoke and fire."

"It is a coastal village. How do you think they cook their meals?"

"I know, Karos. How long have we been friends?"