"You jealous?" Clay teased. I scowled at him and he only laughed some more.

"Liz, I just want you to know that I don't really like your boyfriend very much and he still doesn't have my approval," I told my best friend.

"Ouch."

It was half a joke. I knew how much Clay meant to Liz and I loved to see her happy but Clay thought it was funny to tease me about Austin when obviously, it wasn't funny at all. I was still patiently waiting for him to understand.

"You go, Kody," Jimmy praised supportively. "He doesn't have my approval either, then."

"Thank you, Jimmy."

"Kody, you are such a brainwasher," Clay said.

"Am I?"

"Clay, be nice to her," Liz said, sounding like she was talking to a child and not her boyfriend.

"All I'm saying is that she seems jealous to me," he said defensively.

"Well, she's my best friend and she comes before you so you better win her approval," she said. That's right. Sisters before misters. "But you're right. She does seem a bit jealous."

"Hey!" I tried to kick her under the table but I ended up kicking her boyfriend instead because he was sitting so close to her and his leg was bigger and harder to miss. Good enough.

He barely flinched. "You're so abusive."

"Noted."

"Hey, Kody," Jimmy said suddenly. "I just noticed that you're looking very pretty today. Did you do something with your hair? Have you always been this attractive?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

Yeah, I tied it up and got sweaty from playing dodge ball.

"What do you want?"

"Could you get me a soda?" he said. "A coke or something."

"Are you serious?" I groaned. "No. Why can't you get one yourself? And by the way, soda is unhealthy."

"But, Kody," he whined like a three-year-old. "You're closer." I was the furthest.

"Kody, just get him the soda please?" Max said, obviously taking his best friend's side. Well, since he said please.

"Shouldn't you guys be the one getting me a soda?" I said.

"But you don't like soda," Max pointed out.

"Not the point," I said, exasperated. "Max! You're supposed to be on my side."

"I love you, Maxi boy," Jimmy jumped up and hugged Max. I rolled my eyes as Max pushed his face away.

Ignoring our strange friend, Max replied to me. "I'm always on your side." Defeated– which was a very rare feeling for me– I stood up to go get the soda. "Get me one too."

I walked away from our table giving a look to Liz, boys. I began to mutter to myself something about stupid men and how sexist some people were. Just because girls were awesome, that didn't mean that we were automatically the ones who should get the soda.

The only reason I stood up to get the boys' soda was because there was no line in the vending machine and those boys were the best guy friends a girl could ever have. Then I realized that they didn't give me any money. They'd better pay me back.

I found some money from my pocket and put it in, I pressed the button and out came the drinks. I smiled to myself because I always found vending machines cool and I spun around.