Why?

Maybe because they came in practically eating each other's faces almost half naked.

Michael flicked on the lights and we all yelled surprise (except me) and they immediately stopped. They turned to us and we kept still. Luke pulled his shirt down and Julia became smitten, tucking her hair behind her ear.

His lips were swollen. Obviously this had been going on for a little while. I cringed a bit as me and him made eye contact.

"WELCOME HOME LOVE BIRDS!" Michael group hugged them and Ash and Calum joined. I just stood by the couch as they all greeted each other. When Julia finally looked up she saw me. She rushed over, throwing her arms around me, and retelling me the "great" news. Julia explained to me that it was possibly the most sweetest way someone could ask someone out.

And all he said was, "Wanna go out with me?"

So original, much wow.

Michael grabbed the cake from the fridge that read JUKE, and decided to make a speech.

"I would like to dedicate this spongy goodness to my pal Luke. We went from enemies to brothers. But now I must pass you to Julia, who is super cool. You guys deserve each other. And I hope you guys will be as happy as Blake and I are." Ashton came from behind Michael with a butter knife and cut the cake.

Then it was all lame. Everyone ate cake, and everyone made small talk. Except me. Calum tried to get me in it, and Ashton tried to convince me to let him do my hair but I bluntly refused. I wasn't in the mood to talk, get my hair done, hug, or even eat cake. It was like my stomach was non-existent. As was my mind.

Maybe I made it too obvious, cause Julia came over and sat by my side.

"Hey girl."

"Hi."

"What's up with you?"

"Nothing."

"You haven't been like, conversatin' or eating."

"Don't feel like eating, don't feel like talking."

"Why are you being so, so-"

"'So' what Julia? What do you want from me?"

"What? Why are you all upset?"

"Why am I upset? Are you serious?"

"Don't ask me questions like I'm stupid."

"It's because of Luke!"

"What about Luke!"

"YOU BARELY STARTED HANGING OUT WITH HIM A WEEK AND A HALF AGO."

Julia stood up and I stood up along with her, "SO?"

"So I don't think it's such a good idea that you guys are dating!"

Everyone started starring, "You're kidding me right? You started dating Michael after ONE FREAKING NIGHT! At least I waited more then 24 HOURS!"

I swallowed my pride and went to drop my plate in the sink and grabbed my bag.

"Where are you going!"

"HOME!" I left so fast it seemed like a dream. Like I never heard they were dating, and I never went over to their apartment, and I never even woke up this morning.

When I got home, it echoed its silence back to me. I cursed at the wind, flung my stuff to the ground, and screamed as loud as I could. I didn't care that my neighbors were probably sleeping. And I didn't care that it hurt my throat to scream so loud. I just needed to let out my feelings.

My phone decided to add to my list of assholes as it began to ring. Michael was calling.

Michael was calling.

Michael, my boyfriend.

Michael, the boyfriend I.... cheated on.

With Luke...

Who was utter perfection.

But he kissed me first.

Oh god what was I saying. What am I thinking.

CRAP THE PHONE!

As usual, I was horribly late and the call ended. When I picked it up Michael left a voicemail.

Hey, um, sorry if you don't wanna talk or whatever but, I just wanted to ask what's wrong. I love you, and if you need me I'm always here to talk. Call me, k? Oh, and Julia said she's gonna stay over so... yeah. I'll talk to you later, goodnight.

GREAT! My roommate/sister/bestfriend hates me because I can't get over the fact that she's dating the guy I kissed that one time.

Why can't I deal?

~~~

LUKE POV

Julia is in my bed. She's only wearing her bra and underwear. I'm in my boxers, and I'm wide awake. I can't sleep, but Julia is practically snoring. The way Wesley looked at me, I felt horrible. I feel horrible. I am the worst person in the world.

Wanna know why?

I kissed my best friend's girlfriend to see if I actually have a thing for her; I do.

And now I'm dating my best friend's girlfriend's best friend; and she's dead asleep a mere inch away from me.

I suck.

"Babe, you okay?"

"No."

"Okay, goodnight."

As she started snoring again, I whispered, "I'm in love with your roommate."

~~~~~

Team Juke or Team Lake?

Comment