Every Time You Move to the Beat

"What?" 

Luke extended his hand to me as soft, slow music began to play, "C'mon, dance with me." I took his open offer and he pulled me close by the small of my back. He held me tight as we slowly swayed to the music.

"I didn't know you could dance."

He chuckled softly and replied, "I don't. I just saw this in a movie." I laughed then leaned my head into his chest. It felt weird, since it wasn't Michael, but it felt right because it wasn't Michael...

We continued to just sway along with the light melody of what was playing. And to be honest I couldn't even hear it. It sounded like a song but I couldn't really make out the lyrics. Lead alone who it was singing the damn song. The lights around us seemed a little darker and the music began to bleed with itself.

I felt, happy. It felt like dancing with your guy friend. And I was totally cool with that. He made me feel weightless and still and relaxed and kinda lost in the moment. At some point I think I fell asleep because Luke shook me and I opened my eyes and ears to the lights almost off and the song being over.

"Wes."

"Hm?" I was looking up at him face to face, and it was the first time I really got to look at him. He had a black little lip ring on the left side of his bottom lip, and he worked it really well. And now that I thought about it he was constantly playing with it. He had regular teenager skin, and a pretty well proportioned face, which is kinda hard to find. But out of everything, his eyes were the main center piece. They were a striking baby blue that were cold and hot all at the same time.

"Wesley?"

"Huh? Sorry, I was just, looking at your, eyes."

"Ha, I was looking at yours too." For a second I was frozen, and so was he.

Oh god. What was he doing? Or what was he thinking? Was he.. was he trying to kiss me? Oh god, oh god oh god.

oh dear lord.

Please do it before he comes.

Luke closed his eyes and began to lean in. I wanted to lean in to, but just couldn't. I was stuck in a glass box and looking out. He was barely a centimeter from my face when Michael walked in. Luke's eyes sprung open and he tripped over me as I spun out of his way.

"Whoa Luke, bro you okay?" Luke struggled up, rubbing his arm and glancing at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He muttered. I blushed and tried to hide under my hat. Michael patted Luke on the back and Luke left in a hurry. I don't blame him though.

"Hey, sorry I took long. I hope Luke didn't mess with you," Michael chuckled.

"W-what," I asked nervously, "No, no we didn't even like uh, talk and stuff."

"Hey, relax, I'm just kiddin' Blake." I sighed as he pulled me in for a sweet hug. I cuddled into him and held on tightly, not wanting to lose grip on reality.

Michael was real. I knew that. I mean sure, it's only been a week, but he's a good guy. Heck, he's a great guy. This boy was everything I needed.

Luke, oh god.

Luke was everything I wanted.

Wait, no. What am I saying? It was only a really awkward moment we had. And I swear, it'll never happen again. I am not one to complicate things.

Michael led me back to the main dance room as Maroon 5's song This Summer's Gonna Hurt Like A MotherF***** played loud. The beat shook the walls and the drinks. He pulled me inside the hoard of sweaty bodies and we both moved along with the people around us.