Chapter 1

Picture : Riley

Chapter 1

I sat patiently in the office. My therapist was late, she was never late. Then he walked in. He was not my therapist. I rolled my eyes and said “where’s Ms. Foller?

“She has an important meeting, and she asked that I fill in until she returns” his not so deep voice answered. I didn’t like this. Who was he? Though he wasn’t hard to look at. Short styled up chocolate brown hair, bright blue eyes and plush lips. He had on grey slim fit jeans, and a green and black stripped sweater with the sleeves rolled up. The name tag on his shirt read: Jason Catron.

He picked up his notebook and a pen as he sat down in one of the armchairs in the room. He had a pen in one hand poised and ready to write. He spoke “alright. Riley Faye, I’m going to ask you a few questions”

“Okay” I answer. He glances down at what I assume was a list and says “are you depressed?”

“…Sometimes…” that was a lie I was depressed all the time…but I had reasons to be. Mr. Catron wrote down my answer and then looked back at me. Mr. Catron spoke “do you sleep well at night?”

“Sure”

“Do you have nightmares?”

“Sometimes”

“Do you sleep naked?”

“…Uh, are you a pedophile?” I spat out.

“That’s not an answer, Riley”

“Fine. No.” I finally answered.

“Parents. Married or Divorced?”

“I live with my mom”

“Where’s your father?”

“What, are you a stalker too!”

“C’mon Riley, I’m just asking the questions written here”

“FINE! He died okay”

“How did he?”

“Hey dipshit, does it seem like I wanna talk about it?” I said frustrated. I wasn’t an open person about my father’s death. I barely made that much progress with my real therapist. He wrote down what he could and seemed relived as Ms. Foller my REAL therapist walked in. He walked out the room and left me alone with Ms. Foller. I sighed out.

She smiled and said “so Riley, how do you like my intern?”

“He’s cute, but he’s getting too personal”

“I see. I know you don’t trust many people, and that can be both good and bad”

“How? If I don’t trust anyone, then I protect myself form all the douches in this world”

“Yes, but there are going to be people out there who care about you. Those people deserve your trust.”

“Sure” I said staring down at the rings I wore on my fingers. Oh hated my life. This world had a curse against me. The rest of the hour Ms. Foller and I spoke about my week so far. She said I needed to work on being more social. I didn’t care for it. She didn’t know the waste of space kind of people that went to my school.

Once the hour was up, I thanked her and left. My mom started getting me weekly sessions with a therapist since my dad’s death. I wasn’t talking to ANY one, and my mother felt like I was drifting apart. I didn’t want to talk. There was nothing to say. He was dead and that wasn’t EVER going to change. I sighed out hard as I walked down the street. Cars drove by; perverts spoke “sexy” as I walked by them.