''What Mother?''

Ethan's POV.
I woke up cold, both physically and emotionally. I couldn't believe when we go back to New Jersey mum isn't going to be there.

I sat up in my bed and looked over at Grayson, he was sleeping, I then got up and put some joggers and a tank on and sat back in bed on my phone.

I didn't even know what to do on it, I was just locking and unlocking my phone, typing the pass code over and over.

Grayson moaned and stretched.

''Morning buddy'' I said in my morning voice.

''Morning'' his voice was filled with sorrow.

''What are we going to do'' he asked taking his pillow from underneath him and cuddling it.

''We have a meeting today, actually we have four'' I remembered.

''We must go home and see Savvy, I can't imagine how she's coping with strangers'' Grayson shivered.

''How about we go to our meetings and at lunch before our last one, we go and book the first flight home'' Ethan reassured.

''Sounds like a great plan'' he agreed but still seemed upset.

I mean I don't blame him, our mum has passed away, it's normal to show signs of grieve but I can't stand seeing him like this.

We got up properly and grabbed a taxi to our first meeting, they went so slowly, I couldn't even concentrate properly.

The second meeting was about business sides of things and although we were prepared with facts and figures about it, none of us were as enthusiastic about any of the ideas they came up with. 

It was finally lunch as our last meeting was postponed. We went to the airport and asked for two tickets home to New Jersey.

''There are two tickets but unfortunately they are no seats together and it leaves in 50 minutes which means you have 20 minutes to check in.''

''isn't there any other tickets for today'' I spoke, hoping as I played with my hands.

''Im sorry sir, there's no other flights for today but if you come back same time tomorrow, I will be able to sort something out''

Grayson looked disheartened. I couldn't stand the sight and I knew we had to leave today!

''We'll take the last two seats please'' I said taking out my credit card.

Grayson looked at me shocked, and disbelief.

''Dude, we have to check in, in 20 minutes''

''Then we'll have to run then won't we'' I spoke smiling at him.

He smirked back and we sprinted out of the airport to our hotel, trying to stuff all our belonging in as quick as possible.

Grayson hailed for a cab, we threw our stuff in and made the taxi driver get us there as quick as possible.

We panicked as traffic approached but we hoped and we made it. We paid the driver and ran to check in, moments before the check in sign turned from open to closed.

''You need to run through security and to gate 4'' the check in lady spoke as she laughed at us sprinting off.

We ran onto the plane and sat in our separate seats.

We were on our way back to Savannah!

*Back in New Jersey*

Savannahs POV
I woke up on the furry rug on my back. It took my a while to realise that I wasn't in my house.

I didn't like it one bit.

I started to whimper as I held bunny in one hand and I opened the door with the other.

I walked down the corridor to the stairs and sat down, going down the stairs on my bum.

I got to the bottom I didn't know where to go, I walked in the dining room where I saw the lady at the table on her laptop with a phone against her ear.

''I will ring you back'' she quickly said seeing me at the door.

''Wheres my mummy?'' I whimpered.

''Your mummy's gone, you have me as your mum now'' she bitterly spoke.'' Shall I fix you something to eat''

I shook my head.

''Your not hungry?'' She asked.

I shook my head again.

''Well if your not going to eat, at least have a drink, water?''

''No, mummy gives me apple juice''

''Does she now, where is she sweetie, can you find her? No? She's not here no more, I am'' she replied sourly.

I was scared and backed into the chest of drawers where a vase with flowers  wobbled and crashed on to the floor.

I covered my ears with my hand and bunny.

The lady looked upset then suddenly turned angry.

''THAT WAS A GIFT FROM MY MOTHER, JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE ONE DOESNT MEAN YOU ACT LIKE THIS'' she bellowed.

I covered my ears again and tears grew in my eyes. She came towards me and grabbed my arm, I flinched.

''It was a accident'' I stuttered,

''Yeah well, me putting you in the closet is accident, get in there'' she forced me to it. I cried at my arm hurting, I put bunny up to my face so I didn't have to see her.

''No no no, we don't have stuffed animals at this house, it will have to go'' she spoke sweetly but with a bitter look on her face.

''But it was what my mummy have me'' I cried.

''What mother?, the one who left you'' she snapped.

I sat on the floor and cried but I soon grew tired. I was sat with a vacuum and a mop.

It wasn't very comfy.

I hoped bunny was ok, and that my brothers will come home soon.

The last part reminded me of Nanny McPhee.

Hope you enjoyed it.
Keep smiling.. :)
- Lyndsay xx