CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Pic of Mason and Rory

Damon's PoV 

I wake up because I'm cold, looking beside me I notice Luka is not in bed anymore. I decide to go look for him. I follow his delicious scent and find him in the back yard. He's lost in thought staring at a picture. I don't know whether to disturb him or not. He notices I'm there and just moves over on the bench and pats the space beside him. I move quickly and wrap my arms around him, only then do I realise he has tears running down his face.

"Hey, what's up love" I know he is trying to hide them but I make him face me by tilting his chin. "Don't! Don't hide your tears from me, tell me what's going on" I beg. When he starts to sob I try a different tactic "is this your parents, this is a wonderful picture". In it the twins are pulling faces in front of their parents but what they don't realise is their parents are making funny faces behind their backs. 

"It was the last day we had a family day out before everything happened. We were at the park having a picnic and playing frisbee. It was so much fun. If we'd only known then how much shit was coming I would have asked alpha Jack to take a hundred pictures not just this one". He looks so sad I feel like crying with him.

"I think Lucas is right, I can't stay here anymore but I can't get rid of this place either. It's been our sanctuary for a nearly a year now. My father had a witch cast a spell over the house so we won't be found and I had the elixir to cover us at school. When we leave we are vulnerable he'll catch us. And I'm fucking terrified. That's the real reason I didn't want to leave but I didn't want to freak out Lucas or worry you two" he tells me.

I get it now, had an idea that their parents wouldn't care where they live as long as they were safe and happy. "You have us, our parents and the next top  three packs in the world looking out for you now. I have spoken to the alphas and they are just as disgusted as we are so the offered their alliances. I know it's hard but try to trust us to look after you babe" I say.

"I will try for you, Dante and Lucas because there is no way you are leaving without us again" he smiles shyly at me. I lean in and kiss him pouring all my love for him into it. I won't tell him I love him just yet I want them to be ready and Dante and I want the four of us to be together when we finally do say the words.

"Let's get back to bed we can talk again in the morning. You've made me so happy babe" I sneak another kiss. "It's like you have a sixth sense that lets you know I need someone to talk to. You seem to pop up when I need you most, thank you it means the world to me". "Always babe, I'm always here and so is Dante ok?" I reply.

We go back to bed quietly trying not to wake the others only to find Lucas on Dantes lap locked in a heated kiss. "Mmm looks like we weren't missed much" Luka says. They break apart immediately, Lucas jumps up and rushes to us "we were going to come out but Dante said Damon would be enough. Are you ok? Can I help you with anything?" "I'm fine lil bro, guess what?" He replies.

"You weren't fine stop lying to me I could hear you and feel your emotions. I'm stronger now so you can talk to me too. Now what do you have to tell me" Lucas sasses his twin. Luka grabs him and hugs him tight "it's been too long since you spoke to me like that bro, you really are coming back to me. And we are leaving here with our mates tomorrow and packing up and moving to the pack house over the weekend".

"REALLY" Dante screams. Woah I never heard him do that, he's usually so calm, he must be as happy as I am. He comes over and kisses Luka like he's repeating my earlier kiss of love. "Guys" I hear Lucas whisper shyly. We all look at him.

"I don't know if it's too early to tell you this but.. I love you" "we love you too little one. And we love you babe" Dante and I say automatically. "I love you all too and I'm glad someone finally said it" Luka laughs. I peck Luka then Lucas on the lips, I give my bro one on the cheek.

"Let's get back to bed you have school tomorrow mates" Dante says. "Not even living with them and we are getting ordered around already" our cheeky little one says. "I know bro might have to rethink this situation already" Luka joins in his teasing. "NO!!" We shout making them laugh. This is the most relaxed I've seen them both and I will do anything to keep this way.

Dantes PoV

The next day we go home and the twins go to school. The minute we step into the house I know something is wrong. Damon nudges me so I know he's the same. "Alphas your father is in your office, he wants to meet you there" Rory tells us. He follows as we walk, I know he will be at the meeting, mase too.

"What's happening dad and don't sugar coat it" "there is no way I could son" he tells me. "There's a letter and you're not going to be happy about it. Hell I'm hold holding my own wolf back so if you shift just run don't harm anyone-" "Just. Fucking. Show. Us. Now" Damon demands. He hands it to me, Damon reads over my shoulder.

"Hello my wonderful nephews,

I hear you have some things that belong to me."

"MINE" Damon and I growl at this. "Boys please keep calm until you read it or you won't be able to understand the situation clearly. I clasp Damon's hand in mine it keeps us grounded always has. We continue reading.

" I have searched for a year for them and I don't know how you found them but they are mine. I killed a whole pack for my toys. What do you think I'm going to do to yours. I give you one week to personally deliver my little playmates, you don't need them anyway, if you don't, let me just say three words.

It means war!
Love uncle Greg".

Unable to control ourselves we shift with a thundering roar and take off. I'm vaguely aware of Rory and Mason doing the same. We know exactly where we are going and waste no time in getting there. Through the link I hear a frantic Mason yell, "alphas please shift and try to calm down a bit, you can't go in there in wolf form" we stop and turn to him ready to attack for his disobedience but he lowers himself to the ground in submission. Rory pleads with us "please alphas he's not trying to order you around, he's just thinking about the humans reaction to seeing you in wolf form". Knowing he's right we shift.

"Be careful how you talk to us, especially where our mates are involved" Damon tells him in a stern tone. "But you're right so thank you for helping" he finishes. We take clothes from the back pack Rory brought, my father knew what we would do it seems, and get dressed. "Wait here!" we tell our beats. Storming into the building in front of us we walk past everyone until we get to the door we need.

Not bothering to knock I barge into the room, I make my way to who I want and grab them. "Dante what's wrong" Luka asks. I hear Lucas protesting when Damon does the same to him. "We need to leave, now!" I say. The teacher goes to stop us but one sharp look from Damon cuts that bullshit.

Sensing our fear, panic, determination and protectiveness our mates say nothing. "There's been a death in the family, they will be back next week" I explain to the teacher. "Oh no! Boys I'm sorry go right on ahead, see you soon" she splutters.

We leave the school and tell the boys to turn and get to the pack house staying close to us at all times. I know we're freaking them out but until they are in the safety of the house I don't really care to be honest.