CHAPTER NINE

Pic of Damon.

Damon's PoV

I am lost in a trance, "mates mates" is all I can hear my wolf saying, these wolves were not only my mates but my brothers mates too. How will this work?, I know Dante is not my mate but we will share these two wolves as mates. Things are about to get complicated, but we have never been competitive toward one another, we always shared everything growing up without a problem but these are people not objects.

I look at Dante, I was going to say something but next thing I know the two wolves run. We don't even stop to take a breath and we are running after them, panic sets in when I realise how fast the bigger one is. It grabs the smaller wolf by the scruff and throws it on its back. We give chase for five minutes, just as I think they are going to get away we, luckily, run into Jace and the warriors.

"Stop! Now!" Jace commands in his alpha tone. I growl at him and so does my brother not liking him talking to our mates that way. He looks confused but it worked, even though the wolves are not in his pack they cannot ignore an alphas command.

"Please don't be frightened, we only want to help you". Jace tells them. Still the bigger one is in a defensive position over the smaller one. I have to do something so I speak, "you're our mates you know we won't hurt you, can you try make the change back, we will be here to help you and we have clothes for you".

The wolf looks at me and snarls but I can see its thinking about it. "Come on mate we don't know what you look like or what gender you are, you can trust us, you're surrounded and your twin is frightened, we won't come near you, throw them some clothes please" Dante tries.

The wolf is still wary but a whimper from the little one breaks it's concentration, immediately it falls to the floor in front of the smaller wolf and starts to nuzzle it's neck.

Dantes PoV

I can see how much the bigger wolf loves the smaller one, it's fiercely protective just as we had guessed. Suddenly we hear them beginning to transform, they stare at each other while it's happening as if that's giving them strength.

Finally the change happens and before us are two stunningly beautiful males, the taller one gets clothes and helps his brother dress first because it's clear he is really embarrassed. "Stop staring at him he doesn't like it!" The taller boy commands. Normally he would be in trouble for trying to command three alphas but because the smaller boy looks ready to bolt we do as he asks. "It's ok Lucas they've stopped looking" I hear him say. 'We have one name at least' I think to myself.

"You can look but only at me please, I apologise for commanding you but when it comes to my brother I really don't care, I will do anything for him, my name is Luka and this is my twin Lucas". Luka and Lucas twins with close names just like us it's perfect, they're perfect for us.

"Are you ok? You look really tired both of you, in fact, please come to the pack house for tonight the shift is taking its toll on you both and you need food and sleep" Damon says knowing Jace and I will be thinking the same thing.

"We can't we have to get home and away from other wolves as soon as we can" Luka replies. "Why, what's wrong?, we only want to help and your our mates-" I am cut off by Luka telling me. "We can't have mates, I'm sorry but that's the way it has to be". My heart cracks a little, surely they can feel the bond like we can, so something is stopping them from being with us.

"Just come for tonight-" Dante starts but runs toward Luka just as he falls toward the ground, catching him before he hits it. I hear Lucas sobbing and I react immediately, I take him in my arms carefully and whisper "shush little one you're safe with us, I've got you don't cry, look Luka is safe with Damon, thats my twin and I'm Dante, I'm going to lift you ok try not to panic, just put your face in my neck and relax, we're going to take you to the pack house to rest" "Luka" he whimpers. "It's ok I won't separate you, now rest little one".

He does as I ask and soon enough I hear him breathing softly letting me know he is sleeping. "We have lots to talk about but let's get our boys to bed first they need plenty of rest, they've been through a hard time tonight" Damon says and I couldn't agree more.