7

Sean and I saw Layne with a bunch of other guys. We kept staring. He eventually looked at us and started running. We chased after him.

"Layne!" Sean yelled. "We just need to talk to you! Please stop!!"

"Get away from me!" He yelled and kept running.

"We lost him, I can't believe it. What are we going to do Sean?" I said out of breathe. I began to cry. Sean hugged me and we began walking back.

-

We got back to the bus and the guys were awake.

"Hey guys! Where's Layne?" Mike asked taking a drag from his cigarette.

"Uh-we didn't see him. We just walked to the-uh-record store-yeah-and grabbed breakfast and-"

"Sounds like you two had fun" Jerry said sipping him coffee.

"Uh, yeah!" Sean said.

-

6:00 pm: Sacramento
"Layne! You made it! The show starts in 2 hours!! Get ready!" Their manager, Susan, said.

"Oh, I forgot! I'll get ready" Layne said going to get his clothes.

"So, Layne, what were you doing when Marney and I saw you?" Sean asked him. He stopped what he was doing, and looked at Sean with big eyes.

"Layne, you-"

"Guys!! We gotta go to soundcheck remember?!" Mike said to the two. They shortly came along with Mike.

Jerry and I started setting up the gear and then I went to round up the band since they're hectic with the ladies, especially Mike, he's special.

-

The guys were killing it, the crowd was so wild here. All you could smell was weed and sweat. Pretty intense. All I could think about was Layne though. I was thinking about asking the other guys about sending him to a rehab facility, but that probably wouldn't be too good. Oh well, I guess we gotta live with it - for now.

After the show everyone literally dropped dead, except Layne. He tried waking me up.

"Psst, Marney," he said in a very quiet whisper.

"Hmm"

"I was wondering if you could help me sleep. I'm kind of thinking a lot. Can we maybe cuddle?" he asked shyly.

"Sure, Layne. I'd love that"