Ch. 18

Britt POV

Before I went to bed last night I texted Sammy and told him to meet me at the café at 11:30. So that's what I am doing sitting at the back corner booth waiting for Sammy to show up.

"Britt? Is that you?" I hear a very familiar voice say as im scrolling through instagram. I look up from my phone and see my "boyfriend" Todd. Todd and I were dating all through out high school but the night we graduated he left the country and I never heard from him again. We never officially broke up just when he left unexpectedly we lost all contact with each other. I honestly loved him and I was heart broken when he left.

"Oh my god Todd!" I say as I get up and hug him.

"Where did you go? You really hurt me when you just left! You didn't even say good bye! I loved you." I tell him. I have so many questions.

"I know sweetie. My dad forced me to go to Iceland with him and when we went he didn't allow me to have any contact with anybody back here in America. Him and my mom split up and he moved over there making me go with him." he explained to me while holding both of my hands

"Im just wow im so surprised and happy to see you." I said while hugging him again

"I really want to start where we left off? but I totally get it if you don't or if you're with someone." Todd says to me.

"No, no im not with anyone. I'd really like that maybe you could come over tonight and we can catch up." I offer.

"Yeah id love to. Can I have your number? or is it still the same?" he asks

"Its still the same." I answer politely.

"Well im meeting a friend in a few minutes so you can stop by around like 6 and we can have dinner or something. Here is my address." I say while writing my address down on a napkin.

"okay love you." Todd says before he kisses me.

"Bye beautiful see you tonight." he says as he walks away. I can not believe he is back and that we are back. I cant wait to tell Reili. Oh lord! I have to tell Sammy. I sit back in the booth and wait for Sammy. He shows up a few minutes after Todd left.

"Hey Britt. What'd you wanna talk about?" he greets

"Well I wanted to talk about the kiss that happened yesterday." I answered, I really hope this doesn't hurt him.

"Oh my god you regret it don't you?" he asks nervously.

"No its the total opposite actually." I said as I hear him sigh in relief.

"but I..." I say and see him physically tense up

"what?" he asks anxiously.

"im with someone." I told him. he got angry real fast.

"So you were flirting with me and I was flirting with you and we were doing all of those things and you have fucking been with someone this whole god damn time! You were just using me! Doing exactly what you were scared I would do to you! I fucking like you Britt! I really fucking like you! I stopped fucking around because I wanted to prove to you that i could change! and you've fucking been with some one!" he angrily shouts.

"no we just got together today. Its complicated. fuck its hard to explain! I wasn't fucking using you I really like you I honestly do and I know you've changed. The guy im with we've been dating since high school but he just left the country and we lost contact so like we never officially broke up but I just started seeing other people because I never heard from him and he just ran into me here while I was waiting for you." I explain trying not to be to loud. Sammy's outburst already got people giving us strange looks.

"So you guys are back together? okay so I guess everything that needed to be said has been said so bye Britt." Sammy said surprisingly calm, to calm.

"No Sammy. Fuck. Okay I'm sorry, I still want to be friends, im just..."

"With someone. yeah I get it. Ill talk with you later." he says as he gets up and walks out of the café.

I lay my head down and try to calm down a bit. I decide to stay here for a bit. I walk up to the counter and order a tea. I sit back at the booth with my tea. I'm so surprised that Todd is back its just bizarre. About the first six months he was gone was just hell for me. I didn't do anything I hadn't started college yet so I just sat at home all day. Reili would try to get me to go out and do things with her but I didn't have any motivation to leave the apartment. My phone buzzed and it startled me. I had gotten a text from my volleyball coach. Fuck! Yesterday was Wednesday, Reili and I missed practice.

Coach: "Hey why weren't you and Reili at practice yesterday? We have a big game Saturday and you girls need to be prepared."

Britt: "We had a family emergency. We unexpectedly went out of town yesterday. Im sorry I can go to the gym now if you want. Reili is at class right now so she wont be able to go."

Coach: "yes if you could please, you need to practice some hitting and go over rotations again."

Britt: "Yeah im gonna go home and change then I will head over. So I'll be there in about a half an hour."

I grab my bag and leave. I go home and quickly change into some clothes to practice in. This should be nice to let out some stress and get my mind off of things. I really like to practice when im stressed or angry. Once I was finished changing I quickly drove to the campus gym and met up with my coach.