Real Life...Defeat...Over?(Chapter Ten)

----//PAIGE'S POV//----

"Jackson, help me get her inside!" We bring her in the gym and a commotion of screams erupted the place. So much was happening that I lost sight of Jackson & Lydia. I went around looking for them but no luck...

(MOMENTS LATER)

"Paige!" I turn around and see Jackson jog up to me. I'm in shock. "Where is Lydia?" "She's being rushed to the hospital, but look Paige I'm sorry." I give him a strange look. "Jackson?, what are you sorry for? What did you do?" He won't meet my eyes. I don't know how I knew, but his face said it all. He told the hunters about Scott...

"Look, Paige I'm sorr-" I cut him off with a glare. "No, don't...my brother is missing, Lydia could be dying and now you put Scott's life in danger!" I push past him and try to look for Phoebe. So she can take me to the hospital. I felt the tears coming and I was wiping them away fiercely.

That's when I felt strong arms pull me close. I tried to push him back, but he just held on tighter. "Let me go Jackson..." I look up at him in a blur of tears. "This wasn't suppose to happen." I cry in his arms. "I know Paige, I know." He lifts my chin and I feel our lips inching closer. I want this. I want that old life back with school crushes, college applications, fights with Stiles over the remote..but this is the norm now, werewolves bites, alphas and even murders.  

I jerk my head away but not fast enough to see the hurt in Jackson's eyes. I'm sorry Jacks.. 

"Come on we need to be sure that Lydia is alright, then we're looking for my brother." We run off and get in his car. Phoebe calls me. "Phebs, I can't talk right now." "I know look I was just calling to make sure your alright." "I'm fine, but Phebs call my dad and tell him I'm going to the hospital to look after Lydia." We say our byes and I hang up. I stay silent on the way to the hospital. I call Stiles phone but it goes to voicemail. I throw my phone down. Stiles...where are you? I could feel the panic attack coming. We walk out into the halls of the hospital. "Where's Lydia?" I call out. Jackson trails behind me. 

"Hey. Hey!" Dad says as he grabs Jackson. I flinch seeing my dad angry. "What the hell happened to that girl?" He says to Jackson. He stammers. "I-I don't know. We went out looking for..." "What, you just happen to wander into the middle of the field and you just found her there like that? Don't lie to me son!" "No, I.." Dad then slammed Jackson against the wall. "Dad stop!" But he ignores me.

"What happened to her?" "This isn't my fault!" Jackson answers. "She's your girlfriend! Which makes her your responsibility!" My dad shouts back. "No, she not, okay? She didn't go to the formal with me." Dad gives him a quizzical look. "Then who'd she go with?" "She went with Stiles." "What?" My dad asked. "Stiles took her." Dad had let go of Jackson and backed away. 

"Dad...I'm sorry...we don't know where he is and...and." My dad hugs me close. "Shh...shh, baby it's okay..." "No dad, it's my fault. I should have ran faster, I should have been there to help him...to help Lydia." "No, Paige it's not your fault. We'll find your brother I promise." He glared at Jackson. "Make sure, you keep an eye on my daughter or so help me..." The panic attack came full force. My heart raced. My head felt light and I couldn't breath. "Da-" I fell into a world of darkness. The last thing I heard was Jackson and my dad screaming my name. 

"PAIGE!" 

I woke up feeling someone holding my hand. "What happened?" "You passed out, and your dad had the nurses put you here." I look over and see Jackson. I slowly get up and regret it. "Ugh, I feel like I just had a major hang over." I get up off the bed and pull on my silver pumps. "Your dad wanted you to stay in bed." I smirk at him. "Do I look like I do everything my dad says." We sneak out of the room.