Chapter 16

Dream

"Goodbye Jaeger. I must admit, it was nice knowing you." Levi said as he was bringing his sword. No. Levi. Please. Don't. What about what we had? You can't kill me. I thought. I wanted to scream those words but nothing came out. Suddenly, everything slowed down. Levi's sword was coming down, I hung my head low, finally excepting that I could nothing.

SLASH

CHING

What? I'm pretty sure that's not what cutting a head sounds like. And I should be dead. I opened my eyes and they widened as I saw what happened. Levi cut the chains that were holding me and keeping me hostage. He freed me. He wasn't going to kill me. In fact, he was trying to save me. I looked at him, with tears of joy in my eyes. He said to me quietly "Did you really think that I was going to kill you? You know I love you too much to do that."
For a moment, it was like nobody was there. Just me and Levi. I was lost for words for I was overwhelmed with relief. He pulled me up and held me close to him.
"I am not going to execute Eren Jaeger. If anyone tries to kill him, they will have to go through me." Everyone in the court room was shocked. Some of their reactions were like mine. For example, Mikasa and Armin were both relieved. However, the whole court itself weren't. The silence was soon cut violently by the sound of Erwin's booming voice.
"Levi! What are you doing?! Kill the boy now. Kill him or I'll..."
"Or you'll what?" I heard Hanji say as she walked beside Levi. "You're not touching the boy or Levi, Erwin."
"H-Hanji?" I stuttered. She looked at me and gave me a warming smile.
"I've got your back Eren."
"So do I." Said Mikasa as she pushed the guards off her and ran towards me. Armin did the same. So did Jean, Sasha and Connie. Of course, we were outnumbered by many but these people beside were defending me. They weren't going to let any harm come to me. It was an amazing feeling. People cared. They knew that it was risky but they still did it. Tears of joy were threatening to fall. However, the warming moment was interrupted by one of the officers who yelled "KILL THEM! ALL OF THEM! SHOOT THEM ALL!" Other officers loaded their rifle and pointed them at us.
"L-Levi. W-we don't have any way out. What are we going to do?" I held onto his hand tightly, incredibly scared. He kept his calm composure but I could tell that he was also scared when he gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.
"Don't worry Eren." I took some deep breathes and stood proudly with Mikasa on the other side of me. Next to Mikasa was Armin then Jean. On the other side was Levi, Hanji, Sasha then Connie. Levi took out his sword and held it to the officers with guns. He then said in cold, deadly voice, more threatening then I have ever heard his voice, "Remember. I am humanity's strongest who has the highest killing rate in history. If you as much lay a finger on Eren...well, you can guess what will happen." I could feel Levi's aura of anger radiating off him as he said those words. Erwin gave a signal to put the guns down.
"You are humanity's strongest. However, you are useless if you're against us. I'm not going to kill you Levi. You will be exiled. So will everyone who stood up for Eren. If you come back in the walls, I will not hesitate to send the whole military to kill you. Have I made myself clear?"
"Crystal." He said as he put his sword away.
"I can't say I haven't enjoyed my times with you but you have to leave."
"Tch. Whatever." Levi said as we all walked out. Suddenly I heard a gun shot and a piercing pain in my back. I looked down and saw red soaking up my shirt. I couldn't breathe. All that came out of my mouth was blood. Everything was starting to get a bit hazy. Levi turned around to look at me and I could could just make out the horror and despair in his eyes. He ran to me, holding me in his arms.
"Eren. Eren."
I could barely speak.
"L-Levi." I coughed up some more blood.
"WHICH ONE OF YOU FUCKING SONS OF A BITCH SHOT EREN??!!!" I heard Erwin's voice answer. "We can't take any precautions. What if you wanted to strike back? Eren could turn into Titan and kill us all."
"YOU FUCKING BASTARD!!" Levi screamed. He then lowered his voice. "I'll kill you for this. I swear to god I'll kill you for this." I was losing my sight. I could only see Levi, tears beginning to form in his eyes.
"He will just heal so it was pointless." Hanji said.
"We loaded the guns with Titan poison as well. He will soon die." Erwin said with no emotion.
"No. I won't let you die, Eren." He picked me up, carrying me to a horse and waggon. He placed me on the waggon. "This is all your fault, Levi." I heard Mikasa say. Everything was starting to lose its definition. Everything was starting to look like blury shapes. I could only hear Mikasa yelling at Levi, so much pain in her voice. Levi didn't respond. It wasn't his fault.
"It wasn't- AGH!" I shout out in pain as I try to speak. It hurts so much.
"Mikasa. We should leave Levi with Eren. It's highly unlikely that Eren will survive. His last minutes should be spent with the one he loves and that person is Levi." Hanji told Mikasa. Mikasa disagreed and tried to stay with me but Levi got on a horse and ride far away into a forest. Or what I thought was a forest. My sight just kept getting worse. Levi took me off and placed me on what felt like a bridge.
"Eren. Please. You can't leave me. I know Hanji said that...that..." he started to cry and he leaned his head on my chest, beside my wound. I stroked his hair, feeling incredibly weak. "I'm not going to leave you Levi." I said in barely a whisper. I had to use my strength. For him. Levi looked up at me.
"E-Eren." His face was streaming with tears. He was close enough so I could see his face. It was beautiful. His face was the thing I wanted to see right before I died. He was always beautiful. Even then. Crying. He was beautiful.
"L-Levi?"
"Yes?"
"We'll meet again in our next life right?" I said. "Promise me that we will...that we will meet right here. In this forest. By the river. Let's meet here. On this bridge. Please Levi." I felt myself starting to cry. "Please remember me."
"Eren. You can't leave. This is all my fault. If I..." i shushed him gently. "It's not your fault. Just promise me." He looked at me, sadness overwhelming him. "I-I promise."
"Levi? Could you kiss me? I want to feel your lips."
He leaned forward and passionately kissed me. I used the rest of my strength to kiss him back. Kissing his soft lips, hoping that this wouldn't be our last kiss. I kissed him telling him that I love him, telling that I will meet him in our next life. Telling him

Goodbye.

After I felt him pull away, all the life that was left in me started to be sucked out. The last thing I heard was Levi's voice. The last thing I saw was Levi's face. The last thing I felt was his kiss. The last thing I tasted was his lips. The last thing I smelt was Levi's calming scent. Levi was my everything. We will meet again. In our next life. I promise.
I could see my mother reaching her hand out to me.
"Mother." I said.
"Eren." I ran into her arms, hoping that that wasn't our last encounter.

(AN: I nearly cried writing this. The feels. Thank you for reading. It was my birthday yesterday and for those who watch fairy tail, I got fairy tail shoes. That glow in the dark. Jealous? Sorry XD. I hope you all have a lovely day. Thank you all so much for reading for reading this. It means so much to me. Thank you so so much.😊)