Chapter 7

Mikasa held me tightly in her arms, asking me if I was alright. I was too shocked about what just happened. I simply nodded, so happy she was there, but why was I thinking of Levi? It makes no sense but I wasn't going to think to much into it.
"Eren. You're not hurt are you?" I shook my head, trying to calm myself down. I took a few deep breaths and looked over at the man that threatened me. He was lying on the floor, out cold. After a few minutes I said "I-I thought you weren't going to be back until nine."
"I had a break. I decided to take a walk and I saw a man run past me, looking suspicious. I decided to follow him and I saw him pin you to the wall so I helped but are you sure you're ok?"
"I'm fine." I said as I picked up my bag, which I had dropped, and gave Mikasa a hug. "Thank you."
"Don't thank me. Now go home. In fact I'll take you. I don't want you to get hurt again." And with that she took my hand and dragged me to our house. The walk was silent but my mind wouldn't shut up as it was full of questions as usual. Levi? Why was I expecting Levi? Did...did I want it to be Levi? No. Not possible. But then why was I expecting him? This makes no sense. I mentally screamed as I couldn't take this self conflict anymore. When we arrived, Mikasa gave me a kiss on the cheek. "I need to go back to work ok? Stay safe. Oh and do your homework." Homework. Crap. Mikasa didn't know I was suspended yet. Probably explains why she didn't beat me up after the man. I walked in the house, closed the door and went up into my room. I turned to a wall and banged my head on it frustrated. Maybe this will shut my brain up. Ow. I didn't think this through. I rubbed my head and decided to take a shower, pushing all the thoughts in the back of my mind, using my strength to ignore them. I got out and checked the time. It was 8:00. I don't know why but I had an urge to see him again. I already saw him twice though and all he did was mess with my head. Unintentionally of course. I hope.
I had some dinner, scripting what I was going to say to Mikasa. I ran over it again and again, preparing the worst case scenario (which was her ending up killing me) then I checked the time. It was 8:59. She's not going to be here bang on time so I don't need to stress. Then the handle moved to 9:00. Nothing happened until ten seconds later when I heard the door slam.
"I'm home. Eren? Where are you? Are you ok? Have you eaten?"
"I'm in the living room." I called out turning on the TV. She entered the room and said "Good you're safe. You can watch TV for an hour and then bed because school's tomorrow." This was it. This was my chance to tell her. But did I have to? Chances are she'd make me stay at home bored out of my mind and beat me to a pulp. I did not want that, but she was my sister in the end and I had to be honest. "Um...about that. You see...well...I...um..."
"What did you do Eren? Don't tell me you got expelled."
"No no. Only suspended."
"SUSPENDED??!! For how long?!!" She yelled as I winced at her shouting.
"T-two months." I mumbled hoping she didn't hear. Unfortunately she did.
"Two fucking months? Are you actually kidding with me Eren? What did you do to get suspended for two fucking months?" Her voice became calmer but still angry. I avoided looking at her because I knew she was giving me her death stare.
"I beat up Jean. B-but I had a good reason to. He said that Dad just abandoned us and that Mum was weak. I-I couldn't let him get away with that." I looked down. It made me angry just thinking about it. Suddenly I felt two warm arms wrap themselves around me and held me. I was shaking without even realising. Mikasa eventually calmed me down, got up and said "You should've killed him." then left the room, leaving me completely shocked. I got up and decided to go to sleep.

I woke up, looking at the time. It was 9:00am. That's right. No school. But I need to get up. I wore jeans and a white t-shirt. I threw on a green hoodie, putting the hood up, put my phone in my pocket as I left the house picking up my keys by the door. The walk from my house to the forest was about 20 minutes but I stopped and had some breakfast on the way there. In the end, it took me about an hour to get there which I didn't mind. I went to the spot I found the other day and lay there, letting my head take over. So many things came up. Mostly about Levi of course. Since when is he the only thing I can think about? I have to see him again. Maybe this time things will be clearer. I got up and checked on the bridge to see if it was still clean. We spent ages cleaning it and I wanted it to stay clean so I checked on it and, to my surprise, it was. I looked over to the other side. I don't know why, but I was afraid to look on the other side. It was like the side I am on is my world and the side he is on is his. I felt like I'd be invading it so I just walked to my spot by the river. "It's so beautiful today." I said to myself as I stared into it as I usually did.
"It is isn't it." I heard. I saw Levi walking towards the bank. I looked up at him and smiled, not surprised that he didn't smile back. "Hey Levi." I said, feeling...happy to see him. I don't know where that came from. I mean I did say to myself that I wanted to see him but was it because I missed him? Did I miss him when he wasn't around? Well that would explain a lot but that doesn't mean I've fallen for him, right?
Right? "Hey brat." He said.
"I have a name you know." I said a little annoyed.
"Shut up." He said calmly, looking to his right. I could tell he found it relaxing here too. Do you think he feels the same way about me as I do him? I asked myself. Wait what?! The thoughts were coming again and no matter how hard I tried blocking them, they just kept coming. Before I knew it, I realised that I had fallen for him. That I do want him to be with me for as long as possible. That I did miss him when I wasn't around him. I felt my heart beat faster, like it was going to beat out of my chest. I kept calm but inside I was going crazy. I've fallen for him? But I barely know him. He always acts like an asshole but then... I can tell he has a kind heart. He's so beautiful that it's almost too much for me to handle. I looked down, threading my fingers through my hair before I took a deep breath and looked up at the clear, azure blue sky. Not one cloud.
"Levi?" I said. I wanted to hear his voice.
"Yes Jaeger?" At least he used my name.
"I know this is a strange question, but what's it like on your side?" I wanted to know but as I mentioned before, didn't want to invade.
"My side?" He looked at me blankly, as usual.
"Well the side I'm sitting on is my side, where I live, go to school. I've never been on the other side. What's it like?" I really wanted to know.
"You know Jaeger, you're not normal."
"I know. Now answer my question."
"As I've told you before, don't tell me what to do. I'm not answering that question of yours because it's stupid. What do you think it's like?"
"I don't know. That's the thing."
"Well if you want to know then why don't you come over to this side? There's a bridge for that reason." He paused for a moment and said "are you really that thick?" I groaned in frustration. "No. I-I just feel like I'd be invading if I did. It's not really my...property. It's hard to explain." I sounded insane. I didn't care though.
"You wouldn't be invading anyone if you did." He said plainly, still looking away. Did he want me to come over to the other side?
"Do you want me to come over to your side?"
"Do what you want. I couldn't care less." I got up, walked to the bridge, took my shoes off, holding them over the bridge as I walked so no dirt would get on it. If I got it dirty he'd make me clean it again. I reached the other side putting my shoes on. I was excited to see what was there. I saw Levi walk up to me. "So you want to see what here?" I nodded. "Then stop standing there like a dumb ass and follow me." Then I heard him mutter "shitty brat." This didn't effect me. I didn't care. The fact that he didn't mind showing me around meant a lot. I had no idea what was to come but I was excited and the best part was...

Levi was with me.

(AN: I know the end was cliche but u hoped you enjoyed it and thank you for reading. I'll upload another one tomorrow. 😉 thanks)