Chapter 9

I woke up, feeling sweat trickle down my face as I was panting, short of breath. My head was throbbing.
"Ow." I said trying to sit up. I rubbed my eyes, regaining my sight to find myself by the river. What? But that felt so real. Was it all a dream? I asked myself, confused out of my mind, wanting answers. I sat up, still feeling groggy and tired and felt myself drift back to sleep. Then I heard a splash and felt water soak into my clothes when I realised I fell into the river. I knew that if I stayed in the river I'd die but it was so peaceful. I kept my eyes closed and felt myself slip away. I wanted to get out. I wanted to stay alive but a part of me didn't. A part of me wanted to go where my parents were. A part of me didn't care if I lived or died. That part of me took over. Suddenly I felt something grab onto my shirt pulling me out. My eyes shot open and I started coughing manically, chocking on water, gasping for air.
"Stupid brat. You don't fall asleep in a river. Even you should know that." I looked up to see Levi who picked me up and carried me to my side of the river. After my coughing fit had ended, I took a deep breath.
"Thank you so much. I nearly ended my own life."
"What do you mean you nearly ended your life? Were you trying to commit suicide?" His expression didn't change, neither did his voice but I could tell that he was worried. I hoped he was worried.
"N-no. I didn't mean to fall in. I-I um... I fell asleep and fell in." I muttered the end, embarrassed.
"You fell asleep and fell in? That's probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard. But if you 'fell' in why did you say you nearly ended your own life?"
"Because once I fell in, I knew I'd die if I stayed in...but I...I closed my eyes and...and still I didn't..." I didn't want to continue. I couldn't believe that I tried to die. I didn't want to die. My life isn't unbearable. I didn't know what came over me. But he saved me. Levi saved me. He didn't have to but he did. I love him even more but I can't let him find out. I'll get rejected. Besides he probably has a girlfriend. He's probably not even gay. Somebody as handsome and caring as him couldn't be single. Or fall for someone as simple and stupid as me. I couldn't even save my own parents let alone save myself. I'm useless and he probably thinks the same.
Levi sighed and said "Don't do something stupid like that again. I don't know wha-" then he cut himself off.
"You don't know what? What were you going to say?" I wanted to know. I was curious and a little bit of me was hoping he'd confess to me but that wasn't going to happen.
"It was nothing. Never mind." He looked away and started to walk off. I didn't want him to leave. Without me realising it, I grabbed onto his arm to prevent him from going. When I looked at where my arm was I couldn't let go. I wanted it to but I couldn't. I looked at Levi whose eyes had widened. I sat as he stood, both of us surprised at what I just did. Shit. Why can't I let go. I want to but my arm won't move. He's going to shake it off. He's going to reject me. I don't want to face the humiliation. I can't. I finally let go. "S-sorry. I swear I didn't mean to. Something just took over..." I trailed off at the end, holding my head down, feeling my face turn red and hot with embarrassment. Then I felt two arms wrap themselves around me, holding me towards a chest. I looked up to see Levi, holding my head close to him, looking away. Levi was... trying to comfort me. I felt him stroke my hair. My heart was beating so fast that I thought it would burst out of my chest.
"L-Levi..." I said, blushing furiously.
"Shut up Jaeger." He answered, blushing slightly. So I did, closing my eyes. I barely know him. We've only had small encounters but my love for him is real. I know I love him. I want to tell him, to let him know how I feel. Hmm. He's so warm. I snuggled up closer to him. "I love you Levi." I said. I know. It was crazy and out of the blue. I just threw something massive at him. He's going to push me off him. That was a massive mistake. Too soon. Too soon. I started to panic. I didn't know what to do. But then I heard his soothing voice which was music to my ears. The words however made my heart leap out of my chest.
"I love you too brat."

(AN: Hey. Levi and Eren just confessed to each other. Eeeeek. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you for reading. Please vote and comment. There's more to come. Sorry I took so long to update. I was going through a mini writers block. Again. Thank you 😊)