Chapter 13: sadistic courtship

The door clicks quietly shut behind me. I lean my back against the door and skillfully lock it without looking away from my slumbering target. The small rise and fall of the blankets pinpointing his exact location for me. A smile tugs at my lips as I walk towards the bed, my bare feet silently traveling across the wood floor.
I tug back the blanket concealing Yugi's face from me. His cheeks are a bright red from the warmth, his breathing is slow and peaceful and his eyes are closed serenely. He looks so perfect. My little hikari. I lean down and gently kiss his cheek. His eyes twitch at the contact and I smile. I roll Yugi gently onto his back he groans in protest and I struggle to contain my laughter. My lips travel from his cheek, to his nose, then to his lips where they linger. Yugi's eyes twitch slightly as he begins to awake. My face drifts to his neck where I inhale his sweet scent. I don't know how he does it, but Yugi always smells like the purest vanilla. I can't help but hum my contentment as I cradle my face into his neck.
"Yami." The boy giggles slightly. "Stop that...I'm trying to sleep here."
"You've slept long enough little one." I murmur into his neck, making him shiver. "It's time to get up."
"But the bed's so warm." He mumbles trying to pull the blanket back over himself. His eyes narrow at me as he realizes that my body is blocking the blankets path. "You can lay with me if you like." He offers, desperately trying to get me off of the blanket.
"Tempting." I whisper suggestively. His face begins radiating heat into mine as he blushes. "I have other plans for the day, which would require for you to wake up."
"What kind of plans?" He yawns. His bright eyes closing as he stretches, his thin arms bumping into my legs as I look down at him.
"Plans that I think you will enjoy." I say meaningfully. He looks up at me curiously.
"What do these plans pertain to?"
"Courting."
"Courting?"
"Courting."
"You're courting me?"
"Would you prefer that I skip that step and go straight to the end phase?" I ask with a smirk. My hand gliding down his chest to his stomach.
"No!" He says with an embarrassed blush dominating his face. "I'm just surprised, that's all."
"Surprised by my desire to court you? You are a strange one aibou."
"Says the five thousand year old spirit." He mumbles as he rolls onto his side, facing away from me. I frown at this action.
"Aibou." I say warningly.
"Can we do this later today?" He asks with a fake drowsy slur. "I would really like to sleep more." I glare down at him, the hairs on the back of his neck stand straight up underneath the intensity of my gaze. "Would that be alright?" He asks.
"No." I say sternly as I rip the blankets off of him.
"Yami!" He cries out in protest. "What is y-? Yami!" He screeches as I grab him around the waist and throw him over my shoulder. "Put me down! Yami!" He shouts, slamming his fists into my shoulder blades. I struggle to contain my laughter at his pathetic attempts at harming me. His fists feel like a slight tap on my back, much less than what he was hoping for.
"Sorry aibou. I can't hear you. Maybe you should try talking louder."
"Yami!" He screeches as I walk towards the door. "Put me down!" I swiftly unlock the door. The whole reason I had locked it was because I had expected him to run away from me, but this works too. Yugi is so light that I only need to hold onto him with one arm. My hand positioned securely on the junction between his waist and the small of his back as he continues to struggle against me.
"Yami!" He screams as I hurriedly bolt down the stairs. "You're such a jerk!!"
"You act like that's new information!" I laugh outright as he slams on my back more insistently. He is so cute when he struggles.
"Do I even want to know what's going on here?" Solomon asks from his seat in the kitchen. His eyebrows raised in question but an amused smirk placed firmly on his face.
"Grandpa!" Yugi screeches. I smirk as I turn enough for him to see his grandfather. "Yami's gone insane!"
"So where are you taking my grandson Yami?" He asks, completely ignoring Yugi's outbursts.
"Places." I say with a smirk.
"Places?" He says with a chuckle. "What kind of places?"
"Interesting places." Solomon chuckles at my words as he glances over at Yugi. His smile just grows at the sight of Yugi's annoyed state.
"Grandpa don't let him take me!" Yugi pleads.
"What will you do Solomon?" I ask, already knowing the answer.
"I don't see a thing." He says with a smirk.
"Grandpa!" Yugi screams as I walk away with a wave.
"Have fun Yugi!"
"You traitor!"
"Bye bye!"
"Grand-" Yugi is cut off by my laughter and the front door shutting behind us. This is a lot more entertaining than I had thought it would be.