Chapter Five

I walked into chemistry and Noah was sitting at the front of the class again. I sat down next to him without a word.

"Well don't you look like a breath of fresh air," he joked.

"Yeah, I had a rough night."

"I was meaning to ask you if you were okay," Noah continued, "You didn't come to school yesterday. I was hoping I didn't scare you off."

I smiled softly, "No, it was nothing you did. I was just handling some personal stuff."

"Everything cool?"

I didn't want to lie to him, but I knew I couldn't just blurt out the fact that I had shifted, Leonardo was allegedly my mate, and I also was never meant to be the alpha of my pack.

"More or less. I'd rather not talk about it though."

"Understandable," he replied, "if you ever need anything, just let me know okay?"

I nodded, "Thanks Noah."

He placed his warm hand on mine and looked into my eyes, "I mean it Juliet. I'm here."

When lunch came, I sat down in my usual spot. Where else could I go? Besides, I knew Leonardo wasn't dumb enough to pull something here. I noticed him watching me from across the table but I didn't react. No, a reaction is just what he wanted. I looked to Alyssa and she was staring down at her phone. A moment later, my pocket buzzed.

'Talk to him,' the text read.

'No.'

'He's staring at you.'

'Then I'll give him a show.'

Alyssa gave me a confused look as I stood up and walked across the cafeteria.

"Hey Noah," I smiled as I approached his table. He was on the soccer team so he was sitting with some other players. All their heads turned my way when I spoke. Had they never seen a girl before? 

Noah looked over to me and stood up, "Hey, what are you doing?" His hazel eyes darted over to the table where my friends were.

"Remember how you say if I needed anything to let you know?"

"Sure," he nodded, his gaze returning to me, "do you wanna talk somewh-"

"Kiss me," I interjected.

I looked back and saw Leonardo glaring daggers at me. I knew he could hear me, the mindless chatter that consumed most of the lunch room was no match for supernatural hearing.

"What, are you sure?" Noah asked, a look of surprise across his face.

I nodded. "If you don't want to..."

Noah quickly brought his lips to mine. He seemed hesitant at first, but he quickly found his confidence.

A commotion on the other side of the cafeteria caused him to pull away and look past me. I followed his gaze and saw Tyler, Peter, and Luke struggling to hold Leonardo back. He looked like he was ready to murder Noah.

"Well your bodyguard does not look happy." Noah chuckled.

"I have to go," I replied quickly. Tyler, Peter, and Luke were strong but knew they couldn't hold Leonardo for long. Not to mention students were already pulling their phones out to record the scene. I quickly exited the cafeteria and stood in the hallway, trying to catch my breath. I knew what I did was reckless and crazy and could have possibly exposed werewolves, but I had to know if Leo was telling the truth or not. His reaction was answer enough.