Chapter 20- Freshman Year of College

"Oh my god! We are here!" I squeal to Zack who is helping me move into my dorm room.

"Someone is excited." Zack laughs.

"Definitely. I mean we are in freaking California. The beach is just there. And it is hot. And sunny. And I am in college. This is going to be awesome." I ramble on as Zack puts down the boxes on one of the empty beds as I can't carry them myself because of my stupid broken arm.

Everyone was helping each other unpack and settle in. Noah and Zack came a few days ago to move into their apartment so Zack was helping me move in, whilst Noah was helping Ethan move into his dorm room which is upstairs from mine. Sam was sharing with Ethan but he dumped his stuff in his room and went over to help Laura move in.

"It is pretty great. There are parties always going on and you meet loads of people. Classes are pretty good. The work is tough. But you have enough of a social life that it tends to balance out." Zack informs me. "Well here is all your stuff. Do you need any more help unpacking?"

"Nah. I will be fine. Besides my roommate should arrive soon. I will text you later? We can all meet up or something?" I suggest.

"Sounds good. See you later." Zack says before leaving me alone in my dorm room.

It was a pretty cute room. There were two single beds on each side if the room with two desks lined up next to each other facing each other made out of the same wood. Also made in the same wood is a book shelf next to the desks and two wardrobes on each end of the bed. It wasn't as cramped as I pictured but it was a bit tight for two people. The walls were white and plain but I am sure that, that was going to change soon.

Slowly with my good arm I manage to put away all my clothes and some of my other things. I move onto my dance clothes when the door opens and a girl with platinum blonde hair which has been dip dyed blue on the ends, walks in.

"Hey! You must be my roommate!" she says excitedly as she struggles to dump her stuff on the empty bed.

"Hi. I am Alison." I introduce myself.

"I'm Nicole. Have you been here long?" she asks.

"Not long."

After that we get talking about our lives before college. She tells me about how she moved around a lot because her dad was some rich business guy who worked on hotels or something. Her parents are very controlling and strict which Nicole hated because she could care less about money. The last place she lived in was in Miami, Florida. As soon as she decided to move to Berkeley she dyed her natural light brown hair on the way here. She wanted to become a doctor and couldn't wait to be independent, away from her parents' control. I already knew that we were going to be great friends.

Just as I finish telling her about my friends my phone buzzes and I get a text.

Zack: Noah and I r having a welcome back party. Tonight. 7pm. Feel free to bring ur roommate.

"So my friend just invited us to a party at his apartment tonight. Wanna come?" I offer.

"That sounds awesome. We better start getting ready." She announces looking at the chaos that was once our room.

Later on we are dressed and our hair and makeup is done by some miracle because it is still almost impossible to find anything in this mess. I put on some white ripped skinny jeans and a blue chiffon, strapless top. My hair was straightened and left loose. Nicole was dressed in a short black skirt and a tight yellow long sleeve top which ends just above the skirt, leaving a thing gap of skin showing around the waist. Her hair was curled on the ends and put up into a pony tail.