Chapter 6- Sophomore Year (Part Two)

"Honey, are you ready?" I hear mum call out from somewhere in the chaotic house.

"Nearly done!" I yell back.

It was the day after Christmas and I was just finishing packing my suitcase because everyone was going skiing for a week. Yes, everyone. My family, Ethan's family, Noah's family including Sam and Zack, whose dad was too busy working to come. Well that is what he told us but I think he still gets sad around this time of year because of Susan.

It has been six years since the accident and Zack's dad still hasn't recovered. He stopped coming around all the time to see my parents and is always busy working. He doesn't spend nearly as much time with Zack anymore. We all missed her dearly but I think Zack's dad is still struggling with the fact that his wife is gone forever.

I finish packing and then quickly text Zack.

Me: u ready yet?

Zack: yeah. Leaving the house now. See u in ten.

Zack was riding with my family over to Noah's family's Chalet in the mountains.

I hear the front door open, followed by heavy footsteps. The next thing I know I am tackled onto my bed.

"Ow! Get off me you big sack of potatoes." I huff from underneath Zack.

"Sack of potatoes? Where do you come up with this stuff?" he looks at me weirdly.

"I dunno. Where did you lose your brain?" He laughs. "Are you planning on getting off me anytime soon?"

"That depends." He grins cheekily.

"On what?"

"Give me a kiss and I will get off you." He smirks.

"What! No! I am not one of your sluts that will turn up and make out with you when it is convenient." I exclaim.

"Come on, A. You know you want to. Just one kiss and I will get up."

"Fine." I sigh and his eyes widen at my response not expecting me to say yes.

I lean in towards his lips slowly but at the last second I bring my knee up to his special area.

"Fuck." He rolls of the bed.

"That is what you get for being such a man whore." I laugh at his pain.

"Well there goes our future children." He jokes.

I roll my eyes before jumping off the bed and gathering my bags.

"Let's just go already." I tell Zack who is still lying on the floor.

"What happened to him?" Ethan suddenly appears though the window.

"I need him in the balls." I say smugly. "Now help me take my bag downstairs." I order Ethan.

Looking too scared to receive the same treatment I gave Zack, Ethan picks up my bags, taking them down the stairs for me. I follow behind him into the kitchen where mum is holding two year old Aiden on her hip with one arm and is sorting out her purse in the other.

"Ally!" Aiden reaches towards me. I grab my little brother, taking him out of my mum's arms.

"Thanks, sweetie." Mum sighs. "Everything is in the car. Get yours and Zack's bag in there whilst your dad is still packing the car." She orders. Looking around she says, "Where is Zack? I saw him come in earlier."

"I am here." Zack grumbles finally appearing after being left on the floor in my room.

"Great. Ethan tell your parents that we are leaving in a minute, please, would you?" Mum asks.