Chapter 14- Junior Year (Part Five)

Age 17

"So what happened this time?" Officer Kennedy asks me and Sam.

"Uh...." How was I going it explain, this time?

Luckily I didn't have to because Sam started talking. "Well, you see... we were at a party. And we may have had too much to drink and decided to take a walk."

I snort interrupting Sam. Yeah... because he was just walking.

Officer Kennedy looks at me strangely before facing Sam. "I have witnesses telling me you were running down the street naked? Is that true?"

Sam goes bright red. "Ummmm... maybe?"

Now I am full on laughing. "And you, Miss Scott were singing jingle bells? In May?" Officer Kennedy says shutting me up. Now I was the one blushing. Whoops. "Then once Sam finds some clothes you two went to the park?"

"Yes." I answer simply.

"Where you guys decided to dance in the fountain?" he asks and we both nod in unison.

That would explain why we were wet and in towels. So it was a pretty eventful evening.

10 hours earlier-

I jump onto my bed after school and open up my laptop as Sam follows behind me. Noah and Zack had some Senior thing and Ethan was babysitting his sister so it was just me and Sam for the evening.

"I still can't believe Mr Freeman was sleeping with Miss Trayson." Sam repeats for the millionth time today. It was this weeks gossip when the two teachers were caught making out in the janitors closet. Eww.

Ignoring him I check my emails and what I find leaves me stunned.

"Alison? Ally? Hello?" Sam snaps me out of my trance.

"I got it." I say softly still staring at the email.

"Got what?" Sam sits opposite me on the bed.

"The part."

"What part? Ally what are you talking about?"

I finally take my eye off the email and look up at Sam. "After winning Nationals I got lots of offers from different dance companies but I turned them down because I want to finish school and go to university. They were all long contracts so I couldn't do it. But then I got an offer from a smaller company offering me a short-term contract for the summer. They are doing the contemporary version of Romeo and Juliet, which would be perfect for me. So I auditioned two weeks ago. I got the part. I get to dance Juliet." I explain.

Sam grins. "That is amazing, Ally."

"Yeah but it means I leave the day after Graduation." I frown. "I was meant to spend the whole summer with Zack and Noah before they left and now I am going to miss it. The tour ends right before Senior Year."

"Oh." He frowns. "You have to go. This is an amazing opportunity. Zack and my cousin will understand."

"Well Noah and Ethan still don't know I dance but I guess if I went, I would have to tell them. It was stupid to lie about the whole thing anyway. I really want to do this. But I am going to miss Zack so much. Noah too." Both of them were accepted to Berkeley which was a freaking 2,350 miles away.

"When do you need to confirm that you are going?" he asks me.

"A week."

"So we have a week to decide. Let's go and celebrate the offer anyway, tonight and we will deal with it tomorrow." He grins.