"They're the only ones that could have gotten to her." Richard ground out. It was the same argument he had kept from the very beginning. Even before they had ruled out every other possibility Richard had remained steadfast and adamant that Kaiden's father and pack were behind her disappearance. It was something that had brought the two men to blows in the first few days of their search. But still he had never wavered. As other possibilities were quickly and easily eliminated, Kaiden found himself with fewer and fewer reasons to doubt the Guardian wolf's argument. It was a horribly bitter pill to swallow, that his own flesh and blood, his own father and old pack was behind it but each day the likelihood grew.

"We believe you Richard. All we're worried about is tipping them off that we're getting close." Clay replied. It hadn't taken the rest of the pack nearly as long as it had Kaiden to accept the inevitability of his father's involvement. Not that any but Richard had dared bring it up directly to his face.

"What are you questioning my skills? Or perhaps my commitment to find the Princess alive and well?! You would imply that I would do something intentionally that may harm her or jeopardize her safety?!" Richard erupted. His wolf, like Kaiden's, on edge and nearly always ready for violence.

"Enough." Kaiden's voice cut the room, lifting his head he met Richard's glare until the other man took a step back from where he had advanced on the head warrior. Leaning against the wall, his arms bulged as he crossed them over his broad chest, his fists were clenched as he hung his head avoiding looking at any of them. The image was one of pure hostility but Kaiden was just thankful that he was ignoring his wolf's urging to leave immediately and instead remained present for the rest of the meeting.

"Clay I understand your concerns, however I trust Richard and Aislinn's guardians with her life and therefore if they are confident that they can keep trying to track down something in Bellator we will trust them to do so. I have no worries that Richard would do anything that would put Aislinn in further harm's way."

Kaiden ignored Richard's scoff, instead nodding for Austin to continue with the briefing.

.

.

Kaiden wasn't sure if it was worse or better.

Staring down at his wrists he examined the cuts for the hundredth time. His fingers tracing over the ragged and burned edges. The pain was insignificant compared to the realization of what they were.

Richard and Kaiden now both sported identical matching injuries on their wrists and ankles. Shallow cuts that seeped blood, stung and burned. Small bruised puncture wounds on their arms and on their abdomens that refused to heal.

They were echoes. Shadows.

Shadows of the real things. Shadows of her pain.

They meant that wherever she was, she was hurt. Badly.

Meant that she was being held, restrained. Most likely drugged, and being tortured.

Looking up he met Ethan's eyes. The doctors' were hooded, troubled. Kaiden held them until he was forced to look down.

"Wolfsbane would keep her from healing. Keep her from being able to access the links or her wolf." Ethan finally said. After the wounds had first appeared Kaiden had raced to the infirmary demanding answers which the doctor had been less than forthright with providing.

"Why are they showing up now?" Kaiden asked wanting to get to the important questions, he had worked the rest out for himself.

"I can't tell you that without seeing her. Without knowing more about what they are doing to her." Ethan replied.