Chapter six: Jokes and Torture

Wazzup people! 111 Reads so far in (I believe it was) 4 days! :D Thanks for reading this story. It makes me smile every time I notice people are actually reading this fanfiction. How was chapter 5 according to you? I tried to put some more Jisbon fluff in it. Hope it turned out well. I'll try to put some more Jisbon cuteness in this chapter. But there'll also be much more Jane in pain and torture in this chapter. Hope you'll enjoy it. Have fun reading!

 "You just kissed me.." He smirked, wrapping his arms around his stomach as he felt the stabbing pain of his old stab wound again as he spoke. He noticed that Lisbon was actually blushing, which made him smirk even more. "Don't be scared.. we'll get out of here, together. Promise." He said, closing his eyes but still staying awake. Lisbon sighed and nodded. "How?" She asked, doubting they would escape from the terrifying, never seen serial killer. "I'll get you out of here..Just.. tired." He mumbled, slowly drifting off to sleep. Lisbon looked at him and smiled happily, feeling lucky she wasn't alone anymore.  

Jane woke up, feeling a sharp pain flashing through his whole aching body. As he rouse from his heavy slumber he was first aware of the coolness of the air and its loamy fragrance. His lids that were drooping and leaden with sleep snapped open as he heard the sound of a heavy door opening and closing again. Jane sat up whimpering out in pain yet trying to comprehend the situation. He didn't remember a thing, except for the fact that someone hideous had almost strangled him. It must've been Red John because Red John always wore black, leather cold gloves. He looked over his shoulder, noticing Lisbon had passed out. She was sitting on the ground, her back leaning against the wall. Her head was slackly resting on her shoulder. Jane frowned and confirmed this must've been quite an uncomfortable position to sleep in. Jane percolated and held on to the wall, trying to steady himself. After he'd finally gotten up, he held on to the walls steadiness and arched his back as the pain was rushing through his body like an igniting firebolt. He tried to stay quiet as Lisbon was peacefully sleeping after experiencing the thrilling events that had happened these last days. She was a cop, which meant she could handle it all well. But Jane believed that that behaviour was just something cops pretended to. They were also normal, moderate humans after all. He took a glimpse of the now closed door and noticed that there was a small, bottle of water standing in front of it. He stumbled over to the door, still holding grip onto the dark grey, stale brick walls. He picked up the bottle of water that unfortunately wasn't even the size of his hands. It was probably only the half of an average 0.5 liter water bottle. He studied the bottle as if it was given to him by the devil, which regrettably was the case at the moment. The bottle was light colored translucent blue and there was fresh stationary water in it. Jane's eyes were focused on the stationary sparkly water, desiring to drink it. Yet, he couldn't as he knew he wasn't the only one who was thirsty in the cold cell. He made his way back up to Lisbon and sat down beside her, carefully wrapping his right arm around her shoulders so that she was close to him. Her head was resting against his shoulder now which was plausibly a more comfortable position to sleep in. He sighed softly as he held the bottle of water in his left hand, claiming he would give the bottle of water to Lisbon since she needed it more than him. Besides, how bad could dehydration possibly be? He looked at Lisbon, whose head was moving continuously while she was sleeping. Her lips were moving as she was slowly whispering unrecognizable words and sentences. Jane chuckled as he enjoyed the lovely and adorable sight of his best friend and colleague. He realized he actually felt more than just friendship. He loved her. 

"What are you looking at?" Jane heard the familiar voice of the woman he admired and startled as he realized he was staring at her. She must've woken up because he'd moved her a minute ago. "You, as you can tell." He spoke, a huge grin covering his face as he noticed the old but adorable 'whatever' look Lisbon gave him. "You didn't kiss me did you?" Lisbon stared into his blue eyes, which were sparkling as he looked at her. "And why on earth would I do that?" He tried to look serious but failed as he saw that Lisbon's cheeks had gotten a slight red colour as she nervously explained him what had happened before. "Because I uh. I freaking kissed you before you passed out. But it wasn't a kiss-kiss you know. It was more like a friendly caring kiss on your cheek. You had a fever and you were literally dying of pain. And.." Lisbon looked at the bruises around his neck and realized he must've been in a lot of pain in the position he was sitting and holding her. "Oh god Jane, are you alright?!" She studied his face and body, looking for injuries or other symptoms of sickness. Jane frowned as she placed her hand on his forehead, inspecting if he was running a fever which he luckily didn't. Lisbon let out a relieving sigh. "Thank goodness. So you don't remember anything from what had happened before?" Jane nodded, confirming he actually didn't remember anything ever since the strangulation. Wait wait, she had kissed him while he was passed out? The thought of Lisbon actually kissing him on the cheek was pretty funny and he smirked as he looked at Lisbon who could barely take a look at him. "Don't give me a look like that. You know I was just worried." Lisbon realized she was lying in his arms, what must've hurt Jane a lot since he was almost tortured to death. She wanted to move away from him to give his body some proper rest, but Jane stopped her. "Stay, you're warm and i'm cold. Please." She stared into his eyes noticing his face was radiating the aching pain he was feeling. She nodded and remained silent. "Are you thirsty?" Asked Jane, holding the bottle of water in front of her purview. Lisbon swallowed as she pressed her fingers against her dry lips. "Yeah." She nodded, but hesitated as she thought about Jane's condition. Jane observed her and her agitated facial expression could tell him she was worried about him. "I've already drunk something." He lied. "You're lying." Lisbon knew this man too well, and she could tell when he was lying which he was doing right now. "Lisbon, we're kidnapped and we might die. This isn't the moment to argue. And besides, I would never lie to you in such a frightening situation like this." He spoke and gave Lisbon the small bottle of water. She sighed. Jane could be such a pigheaded prick sometimes, but he could also be romantic and charming. She liked both sides to her surprise. "You sure?" She asked as she whirled the lid off of the bottle. "Yeah, drink it. You must be thirsty after that kiss." He grimaced, his eyes playfully focusing on her face. Lisbon poked him on his shoulder. "You're such a pain in the ass Jane." She said chuckling as she drank the refreshing water.