"Is it easy for you?" He asked before he could stop himself.

"No." Pete answered with a laugh, "course it isn't, I'm just used to it, I guess. And I'd rather be myself than pretend to be someone else."

"Yeah, I guess," Mikey nodded in response, pausing for a moment as his mind brushed over a topic that had gone ignored in their conversation, "what happened with Patrick? Is he okay?"

Pete stopped at that, the two boys standing still on the road outside the school, "I think so, I don't know, it's kind of complicated."

"How so?" Mikey asked, stepping forward and gesturing for Pete to walk beside him. "What did he say?"

"Well, I don't know what difference there is between what he said and what he actually means, because he told me that he didn't' really have a crush on me, he was just trying to compensate for this guy called Joe back in Chicago who he had to leave. I don't know what to make of that, though, because he didn't mention it until I mentioned what had happened with you."

"Not everyone in the world has to be madly in love with you, Pete." Mikey added with a smile.

"Not everyone." Pete began, "just a decent amount of people, come on, Mikey, let's be realistic here."

"What about me?" Mikey exclaimed, his eyes widening a little.

"I only have eyes for you, of course." Pete put his arm around Mikey, even if just for a second, "I'm just saying, I'm pretty damn hot. And I can't imagine that I'm the only person who thinks you're cute either, I bet there's some girl at school who would kill me if she ever found out I was dating you."

Mikey laughed a little, his cheeks bright red, "I doubt it."

"Oh come on," Pete shook his head in disbelief, "you're the prettiest dude I know. You're a sweet little dude, the sweetest dude. I'm the littlest dude, not that I'm proud of it, but-"

"Pete shut up." Mikey let out a sigh, glancing around to make sure they were alone before leaning forward and pressing a small kiss to Pete's lips. "I like you, you like me. That's what's important."

"Thought I was gonna be the one to kiss you first." Pete exclaimed, still a little stunned, "fuck." He added, before promptly dying because Mikey Way's existence was just too fucking much.

-

Good morning texts seemed to lose their sentiment when they came from drug dealers, especially ones that you were trying to avoid, but still, it was better than nothing at all, and Freddie wasn't explicitly a bad guy, but it was nine in the morning, and Frank was curled up at the end of Ray Toro's bed, and he most certainly should not be thinking about cocaine right now.

'Don't ignore me Frank. Good morning!' Freddie felt some odd urge to text Frank again, leaving the fifteen year old shaking his head, but responding regardless, because he could think what he wanted about Freddie, but really, the guy got him cocaine for a decent rate, and hadn't try to kill him or sell him into prostitution even once, so really he should be grateful for that.

'Morning.' He texted back, before locking his phone and glancing over at Ray, who still lay there, half asleep, leaving Frank with the predicament of whether to wake him or not.

However his cellphone lit up once more before he could really consider what to do, displaying yet another text from Freddie, this one reading: 'You want anything today?'

'No.' Frank texted back before he could change his mind.

'Don't lie to yourself.' Freddie knew him too well, and dear god, he fucking hated that.