Chapter 21

(Devon's POV)

I take the headphones off as I just finished recording.

"That was fantastic!" Sarah exclaims. I grin as I exit the recording booth. "You can go home now. I'll call you soon."

I nod and exit the room, seeing that I brought nothing but my phone and keys. I walk outside of the building, flashes going off. I ignore the constant yelling and push my way to my car. I unlock it and get in.

~~~

I walk into an empty house. I sigh as I put my car keys down on the counter. Where is everyone? I don't know. All I know is that I've had a long day at the studio and I'm tired. Do you know how exhausting it is to write a song, sing it, record, sing it again, record it again, and then there is this huge process that releases it?

As I collapse on the couch, the door opens. I stretch my legs and feet out and look over to see the band, Ivy and Alex. I then feel someone sit on the edge of the couch. I look to see Alex, smiling at me. I sit up, groaning in the process.

"I'm so fucking tired." I mutter.

"Long day?" Alex asks, taking my hand. I nod resting my head on her shoulder. "Go to sleep."

I sigh and close my eyes, falling into a deep sleep.

~~~

I open my eyes to the sound of noise. I rubs my eyes, seeing that I'm on the couch. Where's everyone else?

I stand up, my back cracking in the process. I walk upstairs with a yawn. I hear laughter coming from the game room. The 'game room' consists of a PS4, XBOX 1 and a Wii U. The TV is a 72 In. Flat Screen TV.

Leon, Ryan, Skylar and Kai are playing Madden 15. It's Skylar and Kai V.S Leon and Ryan. They're playing on the PS4. Skylar and Kai are the Miami Dolphins while Leon and Ryan are the New York Jets. Personally, I'm a Dolphins fan.

Skylar and Kai are winning, 17-10.

Ivy, Raven and Alex are on their phones, not paying attention. I come jump over the couch, plopping down next to Alex.

"Hi." I say.

She hums in response looking at her phone. I sigh and snatch her phone out of her hands.

"Hey!" She whines, reaching for her phone. I turn her phone off.

"Hi." I say, once again.

"WE WIN!" Skylar shouts, throwing her controller up in the air. "Whose up next?"

"Devon and I, V.S you and Kai." Ryan challenges. Leon hands me the controller as I hand Alex her phone back.

"We're Dolphins, bitches." I mumble, selecting Dolphins. Skylar and Kai decide on Seattle Seahawks, making me roll my eyes. Of course they pick the Super Bowl winning team with over powered players, but that doesn't matter. What matters is the person who controls the player and the amount of skill they have.

I'm the QB while Ryan is the WR and RB. As I hike the ball, I notice the deep middle isn't covered. Ryan sees that and does a post rout. Once he's in the middle, I throw it to him. He catches it and gets a touchdown.

Ryan and I high-five while Skylar and Kai groan. I look behind me to see Alex still on her phone, rapidly typing. I furrow my eyebrows, who could she be texting?

I decide to shrug it off and enjoy playing.

~~~

We ended up playing about three games, Ryan and I winning the first two, and them winning the last one. But when we won, we totally blew them out. 28-3 and 35-0. But when they won it was 10-7. Whatever.

The whole time, Alex was on her phone. That's what bothers me. What could possibly be so important for her to be on her phone for three games?

I'm currently in my room, writing in my notebook when Alex comes in.

"Hey," She quietly speaks. "Can I talk to you?"

I nod and close my notebook, putting it to the side. Alex climbs in next to me, resting her head on my shoulder. I take her hands in mine, waiting for her to speak.

"You know how I was on my phone a lot today?" She asks, I nod. "I was texting someone."

I nod for her continue. Okay, this can go in different ways. Either, she's texting a friend, or she's sexting..ew.

"That someone," She gulps. "That someone, is my b-brother."

Brother? She has a brother? Who? How old?

"What?" I ask, clearly shocked.

"My brother, he's 20 and he's coming to visit. His name is Brandon. I was wondering if he could stay here."

"Wait wait," I stop her. "How come I didn't know you had a brother? Did he live with your parents?"

Alex shakes her head, "No. He lived with my cousin. And I didn't think about telling you, it totally slipped my mind."

"How do you forget you have a brother?" I laugh. Alex shrugs.

"Can he stay here?"

"Of course he can." I kiss her forehead.

~~~

Alex and I are at the airport, waiting for her brother, Brandon. I'm nervous. Why? Because this is part of her family. And I wasn't prepared for this. The band and Ivy were okay with him staying here for awhile. But they kept teasing me, because he's Alex's brother.

Of course they're fans here, along with Paparazzi. The public doesn't know about Alex's brother, so they're utterly confused on why we're here. Brandon does know that I'm famous and he'll be on TV. He's cool with it.

Alex then squeals and runs up to someone, me following behind her. She hugs a boy who is taller then her. Flashes go off, along with questions. I walk up from behind Alex, standing and watching the smile grow on her face.

They stop hugging and turn to me.

"Hi," I smile. "I'm Devon."

Brandon sticks his hand out, "I'm Brandon. I've heard many things about you." He winks at Alex.

I grin and shake his hand.

"Alright, let's get out of here."