Feather Two

^ For my extremely supportive gal pal!!

“Hello readers! I totally enjoyed writing the second chapter of The Wing Girl! I hope you guys enjoy it too. Music and image on your right.:) Comment-vote-fan! Add it in your library too if you want to stay tuned. Enjooooy!” ~Renata

                                                                   FEATHER TWO

                                                                     2—Alexi—2

“…But what if I need my own wing girl too?”—KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

“-Shit!” I jumped in surprise from my vanity chair, as my recorder clattered across the floor under my bed. Those knocks and my cussing were most probably recorded on my 178th cassette tape. I’d decided to add more to yesterday’s recording. I’ve always been indecisive as heck.

“Are you recording your life again, Lex?” I hear my brother shout from outside the room. And then he chortled so loud I bet the Fergusson’s could hear it from the end of Halidon Street.

Some people prefer blogs. Journals. Diaries. Podcasts. But I’d rather keep track of my life in a dissimilar way. I use tape recorders. I’ve actually filled two shoeboxes with cassette tapes. Standard AND microcassettes.

“Mind your own business, you doofus!” I threw my bunny slipper at the door hoping he’d get the message and leave.

He laughed louder and opened the door revealing his glorious topless self in his khaki slacks with plaid boxers sticking out, “Ax-el. Not doofus. Grow a brain. ”He checked his wristwatch and scratched his messy hair,” Now get your butt down there and have some breakfast. June’s picking us up in five.”

He closed the door, but I could still hear him shuffling down the stairs excitedly. June’s his girlfriend, and one of my girl friends. Axel’s a cool brother; very protective, supportive but also dreadfully teasing. I can still remember the time when I was away for Summer Camp with the girls, and the minute I got home, he began to whisper the exact words I’ve said on some of my cassette tapes. Grr.  I was so furious that time! I wanted to burn down his room. But if I burned his room to crisp, it would eventually mean the whole friggin’ house. So I just dropped the idea. Ever since then, he’d learned every single detail about my life. And we unexpectedly, became tight. Total bro and sis. But of course, I won't let him get that far. The moment I started middle school, I began hiding my tapes in a more concealed place.

I crouched down and reached hard for my trusty pink tape recorder from under the bed, and hurriedly stuffed it inside the third shoebox in my walk-in closet. All of my records are stashed at the very back of the hazardous Alexi jungle. Hazardous, because everything in there is just everywhere. A mess you wouldn’t want to mess with, I’d say.I wouldn’t be surprised if someone went in and got poked by a heel in the eye. Seriously, my heels are just all over the place! There are scarves hanging around with no particular pattern, so any stupid person can accidentally hang themselves in there. And it’s dark too. My dad hasn't moved a finger in trying to fix the lights. Apollo and Artemis never enter my room; good for those two. Now, if Axel ever attempted to listen to my records again, I’d know, ‘cause he’d probably have an eye patch on both eyes.

BEEP BEEEEEP!!

Must be June already. Oh. That sounded weird. Like the month of June’s already here. How I wish that were true, and then I’d be an official graduate of high school. And it would be summer all over again! But no, today’s the fifth of September and it’s our first day of being a senior at Callia Valley High, a private school.