Something Rekindled

Link's P.O.V.

I woke to a sudden blood curling scream to see (Y/N)'s red eyes filled with anger. Tears were furiously streaming down her face and she clutched her shoulders while her knees were on the stone cold floor.

I jerked myself up only to feel sharp pain ring throughout my body. I was in pain due to the injuries (Y/N) had given me earlier but that wasn't going to stop me.

I stumbled my way through the empty cell. One hand holding my side, the other holding onto the cell bars as my support. I slightly opened my mouth to speak when (Y/N) spoke.

"You were right, Link," she spoke shakily, "I guess you were right all along." Tears still ran down her face and she kept her gaze on the floor. "I'm such an idiot, aren't I?"

"(Y/N)..." I spoke softly.

She lifted her head and closed her eyes. She inhaled a deep breath and spoke once more. "To think," she forced a smile onto her face, "all this time I thought Ganzon was helping me when in the end..." she shakily stood up and took out her sword and looked at it. "...it turns out he'd been using me the entire time. I'm so gullible and naive."

She clutched the sword even harder. "Look at them, Link. Just look at them." She pointed to her family members that were in the cells next to me. Her sister's soulless body, and the rest of the family fast asleep. It was clear that some spell was put on the cell to separate all interactions from the outside world.

"(Y/N)...you are strong. You have no one to blame. You didn't know." I tried to comfort her from my side of the cell, but I could tell my words were not helpful.

"No one to blame?" She looked up at me with one of her eyes covered by her silver bangs and a forced smile. She laughed. "No one to blame? There is someone to blame, Link." She pointed the tip of her blade towards her. "And that person is me. Stupid, ignorant me."

I watched as she now pointed the blade of the sword towards the cell and me. I saw the blade glisten in the light. Its sharpness clearly visible. "Get out of here, Link." She spoke softly and with no emotion.

And within a couple of seconds, the bars of the cells were broken. (Y/N) had freed me. (Y/N) still had a heart. I walked to her and towered over her. Her red eyes looking at the demon sword. She slid her fingers across the blade. "I'm sorry, (S/N)," she whispered. I still stood at (Y/N)'s presence. She slowly lifted her eyes and I saw them flash from (e/c) to red. There was hurt and sorrow in her eyes...and something else. Tears were still flowing. (Y/N) quickly looked down again to avoid my blue eyes.

We stood there in silence until my hands started to move to (Y/N)'s face. It was if there were sparks when our touches met.

"What the hell are you doing?" she spoke. "I told you to leave didn't I?"

My hands still on her face, gazes locked. I saw something in her eyes that she couldn't deny. Without thinking, I leaned in closer and my lips met hers. I felt her body tense but she then relaxed. But that relaxation only lasted for awhile as she suddenly pushed me away. But before she pushed me away, I could've sworn I felt her kiss me back for a quick moment.

"What is wrong with you?" she shouted. I quickly pulled her into a strong embrace. "I'm not going to let you go this time, (Y/N). I'm going to tell you something I wasn't able to tell you during our last battle at the arena before you disappeared." I kept my hold on her as she finally stopped squirming. "I love you, (Y/N). It took me this long to realize it, but I love you."

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I felt heat rush to my face as he spoke those words. Was he being serious right now? I laughed trying to hide my true emotions. "You don't know what you're talking about, Link."

His grip tightened. "I know exactly what I'm talking about, (Y/N). And don't deny that you don't feel something for me. I can see it in your eyes, (Y/N)."

Damn. I forgot about that. When you're a demon, it's easy to keep an emotionless face, but as soon as you let another emotion take over, it's completely obvious. I sighed in his grip and laughed an actual laugh.

"You saw right through me, Link." I returned the hug. It was true. I did have feelings for him. I realized this as I watched him fight for his life when I had attacked him. I remembered all the good times we had together when I was still in Hyrule. Sure, he was a pain in the behind, but he always somehow managed to be there when I needed comfort the most.

"Wait...you're not lying are you?" Link said with a shocked tone. "You really do have feelings for me?"

I sighed as I found that my tears had finally dried up. "Don't push your luck, Link. Now leave. I don't want you to get any more injuries."

He pulled away from the embrace and looked at me straight in the eyes. "I'm not leaving you, (Y/N). I will help you bring your family back. Starting with your sister."

Wow. Link has changed so much. It kind of shocked me a bit. I sighed again and smiled. "Well, I guess I can't stop you. Can I?"

"Nope," he said. He then grabbed the sword and looked at it. "Based on Midna's words, apparently only you can break this sword. Once you break this sword, your sister's soul will return to her body."

I looked at the sword and attempted to break it. I did all sorts of things. I used my fangs and used my magic. Nothing worked.

"Oh, so I see you've disobeyed orders," an all too familiar voice said. The voice started to laugh. "And there's no way breaking that sword will free her. Not anymore anyways."

Author's Note

So sorry for not updating. Band camp has finally ended and school is actually starting tomorrow so less updates. I will try updating on the weekends though since I have after school practices during the school week. And being a senior and all, who knows what work teachers will throw at me. Hopefully you all enjoyed this update ^_^