Finding the Shadow

Link's P.O.V.

"Do you remember the last time you saw Shadow Link?" Zant asked me.

I pondered and looked at the dark sky, "I believe it was somewhere at the Ocean Temple deep within Lake Hylia."

"Go there right now Link," said Zant, "Catch him before he decides to relocate. Midna?" Zant looked up at her, "Please assist Link. He's going to need it."

Midna nodded, "Always willing to help."

Midna had created a white portal, "Come on Link. This will bring us straight into the temple so that we don't have to swim through the water."

I went into the portal with Midna following right behind me. After what seemed like a couple of seconds, we found ourselves in the water temple. I looked at the blue bricks and ancient structures.

I sighed and pulled out the Master sword, "Time to look for my shadow. Follow me Midna." She nodded as she followed behind me.

"How do you not get lost in a place like this?" she said while looking at the deserted temple.

I shrugged, "When you find yourself getting stuck in dungeons all the time, you get used to it I guess."

She laughed as she continued to follow me. I opened one of the large doors and found myself standing in shallow water. There was one building and an isolated tree in the center. The sky was dull.

"Midna," I said while getting my guard ready, "Be careful. He's bound to come out soon."

I stared at the water as my own shadow started to get smaller and smaller by the second until it was completely out of sight. I heard an evil laugh.

"Look what we have here? How have you been Link?" the voice asked still hiding from my eyes.

"I'm not here to fight you Shadow Link," I yelled.

A form slowly took place in front of me. Red eyes, and grayish-black hair. It's like he was pulled out of a black and white novel.

"Then why do you have the sword?" Shadow Link smirked.

"I just don't trust you. That's all," I said bluntly.

"Ouch," he said in a fake, hurt tone, "Don't even trust your own shadow?"

"Never have. Never will."

"Link," Midna snapped, "Just get to the point and tell him why you're here."

"Yeah," Shadow Link said while blowing the hair away from his face, "Why are you here?"

I continued to hold my sword in my hand in case the shadow tried anything dumb, "I need you help."

He scoffed, "You? Asking me? For help? That's funny. But I am curious. Do continue."

"I need you to help me get to Achlys Valley."

His ears perked up, "Achlys Valley? Interesting. Very interesting indeed. Do you want information or what?"

"If I wanted information, I wouldn't have come here," I told him. "I need to get myself into that place."

He laughed a mocking laughter, "You? You are too much of a goody-two shoes. You can't get there that easily. What were you planning on doing? Try to have me fill your soul with darkness?" He continued to laugh.

I gulped, "Yes, Shadow Link."

"Hm?" he said as he arched his brow, "You do know that I'm very powerful right? You know that I am more than capable of taking over that weak body of yours. It takes a lifetime for someone to become pure, but it only takes a matter of seconds for someone to be consumed by darkness. You do know that right?"

I held a serious face, "I do know that. But I'm willing to try. I will fight back Shadow Link. I will be able to control you."

He leaped into the air, "I'd like to see you try."

Suddenly, I felt a hard force enter my body. It was an excruciating pain. I felt the shadow trying to consume me. It was a difficult fight. I felt by eyes continually flashing back and forth from blue to red.

"So this is how it felt...when (Y/N) was trying to fight back the demon."

"I knew you weren't capable," Shadow Link mocked as I felt myself being slowly consumed by his darkness.

"Link!" Midna yelled as she rushed to my side and used her powers on me. She mumbled in a strange language as I felt the shadow slowly getting weaker until it finally became a part of me. I looked as my own shadow reformed on the reflection of the water. I looked at it and it looked back at me with it's red eyes.

Midna looked at it as well, "That's how you know you have control of it Link. Let's get back to the Twilight Realm before your friend decides to take over again."

I nodded as I followed Midna as she made a portal.

"I will try to take over Link. Don't become weak Link, because that will be the perfect opportunity," I heard Shadow Link say.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

"(Y/N)," I heard Vaati call as I was polishing the blade of my sword.

"It seems we have lost a force on the other side," he said.

I turned around and looked at him with my red demonic eyes, "Oh? What location?"

Vaati looked at the holographic map and used his finger to search for the location, "The Ocean Temple."

"Hmph. Probably wasn't even a useful warrior," I said while returning back to my blade.

"You're probably right," Vaati agreed.

I stood up and walked over to look at the holographic map myself. An image of the townsfolk of Hyrule popped up.

"Pitiful humans," I mocked while stabbing my sword at the image, "Pretty soon they'll be serving the darkness."

Skull Kid entered the room and Vaati had stood still, calmly though. He was used to my behavior.

"Skull Kid," I greeted, "How has capturing Zelda been for you?"

Skull Kid took off his hat and dusted it off, "We are still currently working on plans, but don't worry (Y/N), I will have an army sent soon."

"Good," I said while smiling, "Perhaps we should pay a short visit during that attack as well?" I said with an evil glint in my eyes. The two exchanged glances with a satisfied look on their face and replied in unison, "Let's."

I smiled evilly, "We'll just have to make sure no one notices us so we'll be wearing cloaks."

They nodded as there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?"

"Lady (Y/N)," one of Ganzon's workers spoke, "The representative from the Gerudos is here to see you."

"Let them in please."

They walked in as I nodded in approval.

"This is going to be a fight Hyrule will not forget."