t h r e e

Bea's POV

I unlocked the door to the apartment and stepped inside.

"Hey Bea," I heard my dad, "I need to talk to you."

This can't be good.

"Ok," I said, dropping my back pack and going over to the living room. My dad was sitting on the couch so I sat across from him on the chair.

"Do you know Bekka Aniston?" My dad asked. I shivered at the name.

Oh no.

"Yeah, I think I've seen her around school before." I said plainly.

"Well," My dad paused, "I am going out with her mom later-"

My heart dropped. I could feel tears welling in my eyes. "How could you?" I almost yelled, springing to my feet.

"Bea, please-"

"Please, yourself! I fucking hate her!" I yelled.

"Bea you know how I feel about that language." My dad said calmly.

"Ugh! I can't believe you!" I yelled. I grabbed my keys and my phone and stormed out the door, slamming it behind me.

My phone started vibrating in my hand and it was my dad calling. I ignored it and shoved it in my back pocket.

I drove to the only place I felt comfort; the beach.

There was a special spot I knew, if you walk through some trees you'll get there. Nobody is ever there. It's like my own mini beach.

I drove down and parked my car on the side of the road. I slammed the door and looked around. Not many people were here. I watched to make sure no one was watching as I approached the trees. I ran inside and then navigated my way to the beach. I have been coming here since I was 12; when my mother died.

I sat on a rock facing the water and opened my books. For once, I didn't actually feel like doing any school work.

I shoved my backpack behind me looked out at the water. It was so peaceful.

I was growing drowsier by the second. My eyes almost fluttered shut when I heard a rustle in the trees behind me.

I turned around and Sammy emerged from the trees.

"Oh, uh, sorry." He said, biting his lip.

"Oh it's okay," I said.

"Mind if I join you?" He asked.

"No it's fine." I said.

He sat on the sand next to me.

"Rough day?" He said, looking at my smeared makeup and tear stained face.

"I guess." I said.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

I shrugged.

"Come on, it'll make you feel better." He said with a smile.

"Ok, well, I came home and my dad told me that he um," I swallowed hard.

Sammy grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"He told me he's going out with Bekka's mom tonight." I burst out.

Sammy's eyes widened.

"I mean, what am I supposed to do? I hate her!" I exclaimed, standing up.

"It's okay." Sammy said. He put his hands on my shoulders. "Um, are you sure you heard right?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah!" I said in a sassy tone, "Sorry." I added quietly.

"I was at Bekka's yesterday and her mom was uh, with someone else." He said.

"What?" I said. I was astonished. "What the fuck." I said quietly while I picked up my backpack. "I gotta go, sorry." I said.

I grabbed my phone off the rock and brushed past Sammy. I speed-walked away and drove home.

-

Hey shitty ending but oh well

I'm bad at endings so bye