Chapter 12.

Alec's feet stomped on the ground as he ran towards the park, running through a puddle every so often. He felt horrible using that marble sized ball on the others, but he had no choice. Besides he knew he wouldn't have done it if Magnus hadn't of told him to.

Alec was geting closer and closer to the park, he was so nervous about what would happen, or what could happen. By the time he got to the park the sun has set and it was dark. He saw all the streetlamps were off, except for two. Just like last time.

Sami's figure stood under the second lamp waiting for him. Alec walked forward till he was under the other no more then six feet away from Sami.

" Alexander, so good to see you again." Says Sami.

When Alec didn't reply Sami took two steps forward. " Did you get me what I wanted?"

Alec nodded. " Yeah, I got what you wanted." Says Alec showing him the book and the spell. A evil grin spread across Sami's face.

" Great. Now give it to me and be on your way."

Alec shook his head. " Before I give these to you, I was some answers." Says Alec.

Anger flashed in Sami's eyes. " I will not answer any of your stupid questions. Now give them to me before I take them by force."

Alec shook his head again. " No, I demand answers. It was hard enough to get these from the others, freeze them and make my way here, the least you could do is answer a couple of simple questions."

Sami breathed in deeply. Then let it out in a huge puff of air. He looked about ready to kill Alec, but the reply he got was one Alec was no expecting. " Very well, I will only answer three questions. So make them count."

Alec nodded. " How did you know Magnus had this book and the spell in the first place if he kept it secret From everyone?"

Sami glared at Alec, clearly not happy with being asked these questions. " That's a good question Alexander, I learned about these things a few years ago, but I never really had a plan to try and get them till now. I had been on my way to visit my younger brother Evan when I passed Magnus Bane on the streets. I barely heard the conversation he was having over the phone, but what caught my attention was when he said something about how he was the high Warlock of Brooklyn. So I thought with him being so powerful he may have a couple secrets worth learning. I used my powers to read his mind. I searched though everything in his mind till I came across not only the spell but the book. I meet with Evan but never told him about the spell or book. I spied on Magnus for a few years till I finally figured out how to get the spell and book from him and the plan just fell right into place."

Alec nodded. " Ok."

" You got two more questions. Ask away." Says Sami.

Alec nodded again. This was a lot of information, but he had two more to ask. " Ok, if you were to carry out your plan before Evan did his, then why was Evan's plan carried out first?" Says Alec.

Sami looked even more angry then he already was. " His plan was carried out first because he disobeyed my orders. He was so power hungry he wanted to hurry up and take over the minds of the entire Shadowhunter population. He went behind my back. All he craved was power.

Alec nodded. He had one more thing to ask, and this was the most important one. " Ok, now for my last question. What's the spell that's in this book that you want so badly?" Says Alec.

The anger was still on Sami's face, but his lips grew into a evil smirk, he walked forward till he was a foot in front of Alec. " I won't answer that one, but I will show you." Says Sami. His hands then shot up and gripped Alec's head by his temple, Sami closed his eyes and showed him a memory.