Chapter 2 // Grandpa Joe and driving blues

"Hola Abuelo" (Hello grandpa) Alana spoke through her phone between her ear and her shoulder as the barista handed her two steaming carry away cups of coffees.

She told her a quick thank you and made her way outside.

"Cortar las bromas . Hows haciendo mi pequeña Allie?" (Cut the pleasantries. Hows my little Allie doing?) Grandpa Joe's heavy yet loving voice boomed through the phone.

Alana and her Grandpa Joe have always conversed in spanish.

In college when Alana was failing in spanish class, Grandpa Joe took it on himself to tech Alana spanish.

Since then they spoke in spanish to each other so Alana wouldn't forget.

Partly also because her grandfather was spanish which made Alana half spanish.

"Sólo Peachy. Trabajar comer repetición del sueño" (Just peachy. Work eat sleep repeat), Alana replied.

Jace was as irritating as he was in high school. No scratch that. He was even more irritating than that.

Alana was hired and there were papers that she had to sign stating that she would work there for a minimum of two years and couldn't quit.

"Aww vamos lo que pasó? Ponga todo en el abuelo Joe (Aww come on what happened? Lay it all on grandpa Joe)

"Te acuerdas de mi amigo de la infancia Serena?" (You remember my childhood friend Serena?)

" Sí ¿qué pasa con ellos? " (Yes what about them?)

"Bueno al parecer su culo molesta de un hermano es mi jefe y me irrita en la más pequeña de las cosas."(Well apparently her annoying ass of a brother is my boss and irritates me on the smallest of things) Alana whined to him.

"La miel que es tu jefe, Usted sabe que no le puede decir no a todo. Pero si se realiza un pase a ti , sólo házmelo saber y ya estarás lamentando el día en que dejó a sus madres la vagina." (Honey he's your boss, You know you can't tell him no for anything. But if he makes a pass at you, you just let me know and he'll already be regretting the day he left his mothers vagina)

"Abuelo!" (Grandpa!) Alana shouted on the phone making half the people outside her office stop and looks at her.

She made her way to Jace's office not bothering to knock before going in. He busily reading through some papers when he looked up.

His hazel eyes lit up at the sight of Alana placing his coffee on his table.

He told her a quick thank you as he greedily gulped down the hot brown liquid. Big mistake there. He soon choked feeling the burn on his tongue. Alana chuckled lightly to herself on seeing the sight of him desperately reachin towards cold water.

"Mire abuelo me tendré que ir . Hablamos más tarde bien. Adiós. te quiero."( Look grandpa I'll have to go. Talk to you later okay. Bye. Love you)

"Yo también te quiero Allie . Adiós." (Love you too Allie. Bye.)

As soon as Alana kept the phone Jace asked her, "So who was it?"

"None of your bussiness." She told him already not liking him butting his nose in her bussiness.

The transcripts that were lying on his table were now in his hand and he was giving them to Alana.

"I want them competed and if there are any mistakes please make sure they are corrected and have a copy saved and filed up please."

He just said please. What the hell is going on. Never in her twenty two years of experience he has ever told her please.

"You just said please." She told him shocked.