"And from where I was sitting, you don't seem to dislike him all that much. You were smiling all through dinner." Prudence added.

Audrey absolutely adored that Ringo could make her laugh. She found his humor irresistible, but she couldn't risk his safety for her own happiness.

"I'm not looking to get involved with anyone right now...it's too soon." Audrey replied.

"Maybe that's exactly what you need to get over that breakup." Susan remarked.

Audrey shrugged as she began heading out, with Susan and Prudence close behind her. The three girls were all making their way back to the table when Audrey abruptly stopped. Prudence and Susan bumped into Audrey and all three nearly toppled over one another.

"Audrey! What gives?" Susan yelped straightening herself out.

"Sorry." Audrey said faintly.

"Are you okay?" Prudence asked realizing Audrey's worried expression.

"I'm fine." Audrey said forcing a smile.

"Well c'mon then...the boys are waiting." Prudence said grabbing her hand.

When they reached the table, the desserts had just been served. She took advantage of this and leaned over John a little pretending to admire his cheesecake.

"Wow...yours looks great." She said loudly.

"Have a taste." John smiled.

"Thanks. I think I will." She replied taking the fork lying next to the plate and cut herself a piece.  As she did, she discreetly tried to speak to John.

"I need to talk to you in private. It's urgent...make it happen, please." Audrey pleaded. 

John nodded subtly as Audrey took a bite of his cheesecake and walked back to her seat.

"Yours looks good too." Audrey smiled at Ringo.  He chuckled and moved his plate towards her. 

"Thanks." Audrey said, hoping her brief conversation with John hadn't been too obvious.   She took a piece of Ringo's chocolate cake, but stopped just short of putting it in her mouth.

There he was...this time he was looking straight at her.  Frank.  He held Audrey's gaze for a few seconds, smiling and then bringing his glass of wine up and mouthing the word 'Cheers.'  Audrey looked away and John noticed the change in her expression.  He looked in the general direction she had been looking, but there were too many people in her line of vision for him to single anyone out.  She shot him a quick look and John knew she needed to talk to him.  

"How about some dancing?" John asked everyone at the table.

Ringo and Paul found it odd that John would be the one to suggest dancing; he was usually the first one to dismiss the request whenever it was made. 

"I'd love to!" Susan chimed excitedly as she got up. 

John stood up and took her hand.  "Well come 'ead..." he urged Paul and Ringo. "Get to your feet!"

Both Paul and Ringo laughed but got up just the same.  Audrey and Prudence followed them to the dance floor and everyone danced to the first two songs with their respective partners.  When the third song began, John led Susan to where Audrey and Ringo were. 

"Mind if we trade partners for the next song, mate?" John asked pulling Susan around so she was standing next to Ringo. 

Ringo hesitated for a second.  The truth was he didn't want to switch partners with John.  He was enjoying dancing with Audrey, but John had put him on the spot.  How was he supposed to say no when Susan was standing right in front of him.?