{Two}

Throughout the rest of my afternoon, I couldn't help but brew over the encounter from this morning. I knew Colt was pissed and that he never left idle threats. My mind whirled with the possibility of him finding me after school. I considered leaving early but didn't want to have to explain my absence to anyone.

Instead, I decided to push through each of my classes though I hardly remembered what each one was about. When I heard the final bell ring, I practically jumped out of my seat. I was more than ready to go home but was called on by the teacher as I reached the door. When I approached her desk, Mrs. Valinsinki informed me that Miss Salton had reported my tardiness and that the principal wanted to see me.

I silently cursed the teacher for butting in but knew that she was only trying to do what was right. I made my way to the office and waited for almost an hour. The door to Mr. Markley's office opened and a freshman dressed in black quickly left the office. When the principal finally called me inside to meet with him, he asked me why I had shown up late for class. I paused before answering.

When I did decide to answer him, I carefully chose my words. Colt would kill me if he knew that I sold him out. I told Mr. Markley that I had a bloody nose after math class and that I went to the restroom. He asked if it was normal for me to get bloody noses and I played it off that I did. After a few more questions, Mr. Markley questioned my neck and the purple bruises that had darkened since this morning. I explained that it was a makeup test for a skit that I was doing for extra curricular activities.

He informed me that it wasn't appropriate for me to attend classes looking like that and told me that I would need to come in without them in the morning. After I agreed to take the 'makeup' off, he let me leave. I released a sigh and considered how much makeup it would actually take to cover all of the bruises. It wasn't going to be a fun task.

I headed to my locker, collecting my backpack. Unzipping the zipper, I piled in my homework when laughter interrupted my thoughts. I turned toward the noise and noticed Colt with his teammates. I could feel my stomach drop as I noticed that they were headed in my direction. My nerves jumbled as I realized that the halls were clear of everyone else. It was just us.

"There's the punk now."

I shut my locker. After a few seconds, recognition hit and I instantly felt the need to leave. The group of boys approached quickly. I decide to ignore them, turning towards the exit sign. The possible confrontation turned my stomach upside down. I knew that Colt would love nothing more than a few minutes to screw with me. My pace quickened.

With only a few inches keeping me from the door, I felt the relief wash over me. As I'm pulled away from my escape, the relief vanished almost as quickly as it had appeared. A hand held my neck firmly, threatening to tighten its grip at any moment. I closed my eyes. My body involuntarily turned around and I waited for someone to speak. I held my breath, unsure of what was next.

"Did you miss me?" Colt's face appeared, obstructing my view. He smirked, with a knowing look that I was now his play thing.

I pursed my lips together willing myself to stay quiet. Colt frowned and turned toward his friends. "She seems to have lost her voice. What should we do about that, boys?" I heard laughter. My stomach tightened and I feel nauseous.

"Well, she can't go home without answering you, bro."

I watched as a taller blonde stood over Colt. He agreed then shoved me against the wall, adjusting his hand from the back of my neck to my shoulder. "You're so right, Sam."

Sam smiled then stepped out of view. Colt held me tighter, slowly inching closer. I considered an escape but knew that any movement would cost me. Sam's voice snapped me into focus as he reached for my other shoulder.