Chapter three

Chapter 3

Carson Mallory
Mirabella

             It's been twenty minutes and I was already getting impatient with Austen. I thought that she was always well disciplined, proper, and on time. But now, she's not here. Where the devil is that woman now? Wasn't she the one that suggested we go through this marriage?

I thought that she wanted to tie the knot with me badly. I was pretty sure that, that wicked woman wanted to trap me into this marriage as a revenge plan of hers. I will see to it that it will end ahead of the expected term of our arrangement. I don't think I can stay with her for a day. Much less a year.

It was pretty peaceful and calm here in Mirabella. Everyone who eats here are socialites and men who have high status. They were probably rich braggarts.

Is Austen a spoiled brat? Damn, I do not have time for that insolence if I ever marry her. I can't stand those types of nosy brats.

Glancing at my watch for the third time, I blew out a breath. Where is she? I am here waiting for her, looking like a fool.

Suddenly, I hear people whispering, pointing at someone. What the hell are they talking about?

Then, a woman dressed in a violet dress emerged from my sight.

Holy mother of god!

She is unquestionably gorgeous.

The mysterious lady looks like she fell from heaven because of her angelic looks. She was too striking to be true! No flaws or whatsoever.

Then it starts...

The other women present here in the restaurant were throwing her dirty looks while men looked at her with hunger and lust. Though, she still looked like she gave no fucks at all.

Whoever her date was, surely was a lucky fellow. I watch as she slowly but confidently strides to her table. Should I try and catch her attention? That sounds so pleasing. But no. I needed to wait for my fiancé.

Speaking of Austen, where is the girl with big glasses and metal braces? I haven't seen her in a while. Plus, she's quite late.

Anyway, I was surprised when the attractive woman in the amethyst dress, stood in front of me. Our eyes met and she took Austen's seat.

"Hello." She said awkwardly. What the hell is she doing here? In front of me exactly.

"Hello, uh I am sorry, but you can't sit there. I am waiting for my fiancé. She must be near already." I stated.

Looking at my watch, she still isn't here. If Austen was here right now and saw a woman with me, then she'll report it back to my father; thus no more position for me in the company.

She just laughed at me like I have said a funny joke. Is she trying to provoke and mock me?

"Are you for real, Carson? You don't remember me at all?" She says with an amused, sly smile.

Who is she and how does she know my name? Did I sleep with her before? Well If I slept with a woman that looked like her before, then I am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to forget her. Not with curves like that anyway. How come I don't remember her?

"I apologize but I'm afraid I do not know you at all. Have we met before? Perhaps I met you in a club? Surely I would not be able to disremember a face as beautiful as Aphrodite." I spoke, turning my charm on. The ladies adore it when I flirt with them anyway.