Chapter 11: Lily is a doll <3

Start from the beginning

"But it's only 12!" She protests

"Yeah that is 3 hours past bedtime. Your mom will never let you stay here again if I don't get you in bed now!"

"Nooo!" She shouts running to get room.

"I can tell she loves her Uncle," I claimed.

"Don't forget to brush your teeth!" He yells through the walls.

"Yeah she stays with me about once a month. Her parents have to work a lot. It's the life in the business world."

"Yeah I get it my dad works for a big company and is almost never home. It's alright with me because I get to throw EPIC party's."

He gives a look with wide eyes.

I can't believe he thinks I'm serious. Have you seen me.

"Kidding, gosh you believe anything, I guess bows the time to tell you I'm not actually from 2014," I announce to him.

"I knew that."

"Suuure," I give him a wink.

"I'm going to go check on her," and with that he leaves me standing alone.

I just take a seat on his couch not wanting to go to his room by my self. Everything about this seems weird but I have no other choice. Not like anyone else would ever believe me. I still don't believe it myself. Lily's cartoon was still playing. I couldn't find the remote so I decide to just watch this.

"Uh oh! Sofia hurt her hand and now she needs help! We have to go back and stop her from doing it!" A little brown haired boy says to three other kids, two girls, and one boy.

All four of them run to a whole in the ground that magically opens right in front of them. They hop in and slide down some clear pipes.

"Okay I'll set it for 10 minutes ago!" One of the girls cheer too the TV screen. They all hop into a egg shaped box and it shoot up into the air and disappears. They then reappear two seconds later and land on the ground.

"Let's go!" The little boy motions. I think he is the leader of their little squad.

They then find the girl who had broken her hand and help her across the monkey bars.

Wow cartoons do not get better in the future.

"What do you expect they're for children." Zane responds. I realize I said that out loud.

"Oops."

"I threw sheets and a comforter on your mattress I'm going to read Lily a book so if you want to go to sleep..."

"Thanks," I say standing up. We walk down the hall side by side until we reach Lily's room.

"Goodnight,"

"Goodnight," I whisper as he shuts the door.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Again I can see hazel eyes. No distinct facial features but the glowing bulbs. Without thinking I move my hand up and swipe my thumb below them. Taking in the specs of gold sprinkled through out them. It intrigues me. I slide my fingers down and touch his lips which mouth the words 'wake up'

"Wake up."

"Maddox wake up."

"I got donuts!"

That gets me. Donuts are made out of heaven. My eyes shoot open to see a smiling Zane standing above me.

"Oh and you kinda drool when you sleep, you got it on my shirt yesterday and now on your face this morning."

I quickly wipe off my chin and turn away from him, my fave heating up.

"Everyone drools at sometime in their life," I state.

"True but mine was as a baby," Zane confessed.

I just roll my eyes before I climb to my feet. "So donuts?"

"Ye-" I didn't hear the rest of what he was saying because I was already out the door. Donuts are my life.

"Good morning Lily!" I greet her with a smile like it's not the morning because well: donuts.

"Good morning," she mutters through a donut stuffed in her mouth.

"Are they good?" I ask. The reply is fast nodding. She smiles, again revealing the chewed up donut inside her mouth.

"Ha, I'm ganna eat some then," I reply searching through the box.

He has 2 glazed twists, 5 chocolate original, 3 blueberry, and like two dozen donut holes.

"Wow."

"I know Uncle Zaney is the best!" She chirps.

"If he gets me donuts, he is the best."

I grab a twist and about 10 donut holes. Sitting across from Lily we both eat our delicious breakfast in silence until she breaks it by saying," Your really pretty."

I almost choke on my donut hole,"T... Thank you. Your a cutie yourself." I give her a smile.

"Are you and Zane getting married?"

And then I do choke. Thankfully Zane walks in at that moment.

"Oh hey are you okay?!" He runs too me and pats my back.

"Fine... Fine."

"I asked her if you two were getting married!" Lily repeated this time it was Zane who was shocked.

"Oh... Uhm. Not right now squirt. We are just uh... hanging out."

"Oh." And that was the end of that conversation.

"So I was thinking we could go to the park today." Zane announced.

"Yay!!" Lily excitedly shouted. "Your coming with us right Maddox!"

"Uh... Yeah! I love the park Central Park is amazing!" I replied.

"I've never been..." Lily sadly said.

"Wha... Ohhh," I shoot a look too Zane saying sorry. "I forgot it's been shut down."

"No not shut down just no one goes there anymore for reason I won't say right now,"Zane corrected.

"Why!?" Lily asked.

"Your parents will tell you when your older."

"Fine!" She gives up.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Whoa!" My mouth is wide open. Almost as wide as my eyes."I so want one of those! That's Awe... Xycrubulent!"

4 boys rode past us on skateboards. They were glowing blue. Oh and floating.

"Hover boards," Zane replies, "I guess your time didn't have them."

"Nope I mean I heard they were starting to make them but I didn't think they would be like that!"

"Yeah their pretty sweet, I learned to ride when I was Lily's age"

Lily was running around with 2 other girls playing a game I have no idea the name of. Zane and I are seated together on a park bench just enjoying this time out.

"If I'm stuck here forever you will teach me to ride one! Heck even if I go back I still want to ride one before I'm 30!"

"Okay I will, I promise."

That is one promise I will remember.