o n e

Eunji

   The midnight bell rang as my father and brother quickly packed their belongings. Father gave mother a quick peck and rushed outside.

   " I'll be back, kiddo.  Understand?", Taehyun ruffles my hair and smiles at me lovingly. "But.. oppa.. I'm scared..", I look up at him with big round innocent eyes. He frowns, "What did I tell you about fear?"
   I sigh, "Fear is energy, use it not for others but for yourself." He nods. "Promise you'll be back soon?", I stare at him hopefully. He kisses my forehead and nods, "I promise." And before I could say anything else, he was gone. Leaving me standing there with the shadow of the castle looming over me.

    "Eunji -ah..", I jump back, startled at my aunty's gentle touch. "Ah... Yes, aunty?", I smile at her. "Marilyn is on the line.", she waves the phone in front of me. "Huh? Oh, thanks aunty..", I place the phone to my ears after she passes it to me.

"Hello, Marilyn?"

"Hello, Eunji! I just wanted to tell you that your going back to school tomorrow. It's a direct order because your only 15 after all."

" Ah, I see.. Should I go to buy the uniform?"

"Didn't your aunty receive it?"

   I glance at my aunty and smile a little as she scans my uniform up and down followed by 'Ooh' and 'Aah's. "Yes, she did. Sorry. I didn't know it was already here."

"Haha, that's okay. I'll be at your house tomorrow at 7am, okay?"

"Alright. Thank you, Marilyn!"

     That night I felt a bit nervous because it was so last minute that I was told that I'm going to school. But finally, I managed to go to sleep.

     I was alone. All alone in the forest. No one to help me. No one next to me.

     Then I heard him.

     A growl was heard as footsteps got closer. "You gave up. I knew it.", a voice I knew all so well. I panicked as I frantically looked around. "How could you.. Why did you!?", he appears before me. "Oppa..", my eyes widen. His muscles tense as he readies to attack. The last thing I heard was evil laughter behind me. But the last thing I saw was the jaws of the brother I loved coming to kill me.

       And I wake up, covered in sweat. My heart pounding in my ears. I heave a sigh of relief as I look around my bedroom. Glancing at my clock I read '6.30'. 'Well then.. time to get ready for school..', I say to myself.

       About 40 minutes later, I arrive at school and gape in awe at the size of it. Marilyn waves and drives away as I bow to thank her. I look around me at the compound and sigh. "Oh well..", I mumble and make way to the entrance.

       "Eunji!"

       I turn around and my eyes widen. "S-sehun! Hey!", I bow a little as a sign of respect. He stops me and shakes his head, "Relax. We're not in the company anyway." I nod slowly and follow him as he leads me to class.

      "Turns out they put me in charge of you.", he chuckles. I nod slowly. He pats my head, "You'll get used to it. Ah, and Luhan is waiting for you too." My eyes light up. Sehun pouts, "You're happy to hear about Luhan but not me?" I quickly shake me head," No! Of course not! It's just.. he's my brother after all." Sehun just blinks and continues walking, "Well, I guess you got a point. And also, you're sitting next to me."

        He walks into a classroom that is already filled with students. I hesitate outside and think. 'Is this what it feels like to know that you're sitting next to your crush?', I wonder.