Finding him

Frey's POV

I sat on my throne, my attention completely on my top advisor as he spoke non-stop about his mate. I was not surprised, though. Mates who newly found each other rarely thought of anything but the other.

I sighed as Trent started talking about her scent again and let my mind wander. I needed a mate. If I found him, he would bring out my emotions- the ones which have been locked away by that stupid curse. But, how was I supposed to know if I find him? It's not like I could feel anything. I supposed I would just have to trust the Moon Goddess and my inner wolf to guide me.

I pursed my lips. I couldn't leave it all to them, though. I needed to be in charge. I needed to make sure I did everything I could to ensure that I met my mate. After all, meeting my mate, feeling emotions, would be good for my pack. And I would do everything I could to make sure my pack was given everything it deserved.

"Alpha Evans, you have some... visitors," my Beta came in and said with a disgusted tone of voice. I didn't know what it felt like to be disgusted, but I had pretty much mastered figuring out what it sounded like when someone was disgusted.

But right then, I couldn't focus on the fact that I couldn't feel anything. All I knew is that a scent was standing close to the doors into my main office, and it made tingles shoot down my spine. I suppressed a gasp and told my Beta to let them in. Christopher walked from my throne to the double doors and barked at the group of people out in the hallway:

"Hurry up and get in. The sooner you talk to the Alpha, the sooner you leave."

The scent got closer, and I could only assume that my mate was a part of the group that was coming in. My wolf stirred inside of me.

How are you feeling? I asked her.

Excited! And nervous, and in love! She answered.

Colors? I asked.

Bright yellow, murky green, golden she said. I felt the need to ask her more, but I couldn't. I had other things to attend to.

"Alpha Herring." I greeted the oldest man in the room. His slicked back hair was as dark as ever, since he dyed his gray and silver hairs away. I chose not to mention it. Even though his pack was smaller than mine, it was still a good ally to have. All of my alliances were smart choices. I had no intention of letting one bad word ruin my pack's safety. That was one of the pros of not having any emotions. No rash decisions.

"Alpha Evans." Jude Herring returned the greeting uneasily. I did tend to have that effect on people.

I smiled. I heard it made my face look inviting. Still, it was becoming increasingly difficult to concentrate on the Alpha with that intoxicating scent in my office. I needed to keep this quick and short.

"To what do I owe this honor?"

"Straight to the point, eh? No small talk?"

"No. I'm busy. Tell me what you want or give me what you want to keep me in your good graces, then leave. I am not in the mood for entertaining right now. I want to keep this quick,"

"You want to keep this quick?" Alpha Herring's Beta asked incredulously, "Since when do you feel anything? I thought you were Alone!" I swung my gaze over to the young man. He was attractive, that was for sure. He had dark blonde hair with deep brown eyes, defined cheek bones, and a nice body. But he wasn't the source of that luxurious smell. So I didn't need to talk to him.

"Tell your Beta to hold his tongue," I was speaking to Alpha Herring, but I kept my gaze on his Beta. "Those words might have been found as offensive to anyone but myself,"