Keep An Open Mind [EPILOGUE]

JENNA'S P.O.V. (Surprise!)

The sun was starting to shine its bright light on the edge of the cliff. Right here, the view was amazing, especially at the break of dawn. Of course it wasn't like watching it with Lynn, but it felt nice. It was so peaceful. From here it's like you can see the whole world.

I picked up my reflex and took a photo of the sun rise, I wish she could see it. Maybe she was watching it from wherever she was.

It wasn't easy to get there so early but it was completely worth it, and I did it every day. It had been a little less than a year that Lynn literally disappeared, along with her friends. People were searching for her, but I knew it was vain, she was in a better place now. (No, I don't mean heaven.)

I kept reading the letter every night for about three weeks, all over again. She asked me to keep an open mind and travel with it, I will never forget it. The same message was also written on the banner they found in the balcony of her room. The front said "Keep An Open Mind" whilst the back read "It Brings Open Hearts And Open Eyes"

Lynn said she found her place and honestly... I believe her. And I'm happy that she made it. I also brought her pansy to my house, it would be something to remind me of her, and I was going to let it grow in the best of the ways. Her parents even gave me her cat, Frodo, to take care of, since they never really liked cats in general.

I laid down with my hands beneath my head and closed my eyes, listening to the quiet sound of grasshoppers and birds tweeting and flapping their wings.

Everything was going for the better.

ALEX'S P.O.V.

One, two, three, four...

I was counting the ants that were going back to their anthill, they were a lot. So little yet so determined, and could afford huge effort. They were all taking crumbs or some sort of food, which I was giving to them. They deserved food, and they deserved to live. Despite how something can be little, it's just as important as bigger things. And no one can trample you just because they're bigger.

I looked up at the blue sky and smiled. Just a few months ago there were snowflakes pouring down graciously, and reminiscing that time gave me a warm feeling. (ironic, since I'm talking about snow).

I heard footsteps behind me and turned my head a little.

"Hey, we're having breakfast all together on the beach in 10 minutes. You coming?" Sam asked. I turned to give one last look at the ants.

"Yeah..." I said, standing up. "Are the others there yet?" I asked and she shrugged.

"Only Justin and Brian. But everyone's coming from different parts of the island right now." she chuckled. I smiled and we were off to breakfast.

JUSTIN'S P.O.V.

"You've never tried skee ball?" Brian asked, astonished. I shook my head.

"What's so impressive about that?"

"I mean... why not?"

"Guess it just didn't happen." I shrugged and took a bite of my apple. There was more food obviously, but I feel like just eating an apple right now. We were having breakfast on the wooden table we put on the beach, the others were yet to come.

Chatting with Brian got so much easier, surprisingly we got along eventually. It was a slow process but it ended up well. I got along with everyone actually and... Jarrod didn't scare me anymore. He'd show up sometimes, but he wasn't as invincible as he thought. I was stronger than him, 'cause now I wasn't alone and took a sharp turn in my head to push him out.